Is this a good deal for my friend's Lux?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by elbandito8888, Apr 10, 2012.

1. My friend is offering to sell me his Lux. He paid $350 for it about 2 years ago, and since has gotten a new piece. The Perc on the Lux is broken, but it still hits like a champ, and he's cleaned it all up, so it looks like a brand new bong basically. Since the Perc is broken, he's selling it to me for $100, which is a lot cheaper than $350. My question is, even though the perc is broken, do you guys think it would be worth it for $100, being as this will be my first bong?

I know percs help, but this thing still hits great without it. Could I get anything better for the price? Thanks in advance.

2. [quote name='"elbandito8888"']My friend is offering to sell me his Lux. He paid $350 for it about 2 years ago, and since has gotten a new piece. The Perc on the Lux is broken, but it still hits like a champ, and he's cleaned it all up, so it looks like a brand new bong basically. Since the Perc is broken, he's selling it to me for $100, which is a lot cheaper than $350. My question is, even though the perc is broken, do you guys think it would be worth it for $100, being as this will be my first bong?

I know percs help, but this thing still hits great without it. Could I get anything better for the price? Thanks in advance.[/quote]

I think he is ripping you off.

I am leery of buying used pieces since I don't know how well the previous user treated it. You can't see every bump or hit that has happened to it that might or might not have weakened the glass.

But, just don't buy broken glass, unless you KNOW it can be easily fixed by a blower.

3. I try to stay away from used glass, especially when its broken. Micro-fractures could easily form and spread.

4. Rather buy some other glass with the $100, broken glass will never satisfy even if it gets the job done :/

5. ah OP, lux's are by far my favoriteeeee ahhhhh i would be so tempted to buy it if i were yooooou
    but but i think you would be better off just purchasing in a new one, because i think it will be a better investment in the long run. :smoke:

6. Wtf don't buy broken glass lololol

7. Well, I bought it... and damn Im happy that I did! None of the glass on the actual bong was broken, only the perc inside, but like I said he cleaned it all out long ago, and damn this thing hits like a champ. My first bong ever, and Im lovin it!!!!!

I went to the local headshop to see what I could get for around the same price, and nothing was worth it at all, compared to the Lux. I'll try and post a picture of it to show you guys, I think you'll be impressed!

8. Well im glad you like it, but the perk is the most important part of the tube :(

9. I know, but for my first bong, and for only a bill, I couldn't be happier :) And I can see why people love Lux. I don't think I could have gotten anything better for the price.

10. Would love to see a picture of this piece.

11. ^^ second that

12. [quote name='"elbandito8888"']

I know, but for my first bong, and for only a bill, I couldn't be happier :) And I can see why people love Lux. I don't think I could have gotten anything better for the price.[/quote]

Do you see the key word. The key word is THINK, you don't THINK you could have gotten something better. Do some research next time since I know you won't listen to advice from those who know glass. But what-the-fuck ever. Have fun cleaning it with the perc rattling around, assuming it is still there.

13. Don't ask questions you don't care to hear the answers to. How many trolls sign up for this site? Honestly man...

I guess haikuman said it best, what-the-fuck ever...

14. Seriously dude.

15. Actually the perk is ^no longer in the bong, completely taken out, so there is no rattling whatsoever. I don't understand what I did to make you flip out and call me a troll, I'm sorry whatever it was. I guess I am just excited about my first bong.

There is no broken glass moving around at all, it has all been removed and taken out. I'll try and post a pic tonight.

16. Really? I quoted the part of the post that made me think you were a troll. You asked the community a direct question, got a bunch of advice, then proceeded to take absolutely none of it.

But, my apologies. I don't want to come down as a negative Nancy to some uninformed stoner who is excited to waste their money on a broken piece of glass.

...Shit, ^ that's negative in itself huh? oh well, its just teh internetz.

edit: would still love to see a picture though, no matter how much of an ass I may come across as.

17. Nah, you weren't coming across as an ass, I think you were just acting like one. Heaven forbid the man who gives money for what he wants. Smite him, I say, SMITE HIM!

Lets see some pictures.