is this a good buy?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by maryjane_aion, Nov 30, 2010.

1. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-2-Foot-Start-Light-System/dp/B0006856EQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1291148100&sr=8-4]Amazon.com: Hydrofarm JSV2 2-Foot Jump Start T5 Grow Light System: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

Looking to grow in my OUT-DOOR closet in TX.... Prally won't start til it gets a lil warmer out like April-May.....

skip this paragraph unless u wanna read my life story:
    My friend grew out-door dual plants (2plants) in one pot... 1 Very big, 1 Smaller plant... We just harvested them (cuz his GF and mother were threatening to rip them up LOL!)they were in a GIANT 3' by 2' pot, and th ebigger plant was very sparse in buds..... Smaller plant was DEFINATELY the BABOOM BAZING! I've got the drying/cureing down, and just am WOWed by how nice the smaller plant is looking/smelling.....
    Took me FOREVER to clip most of the leaves (about 3-4days 5hrs a night)..... But after all that and now a month later seeing what I thought woulda been just some crappy shwag..... this stuff, even the bigger plant, knockes the shit outta what reggie we can find so we decided not to sell any and just keep it all for personal....

Now, I know he used some random seeds..... I've gotten a stash of some really nice seeds from batches I've purchased.... There are ones that are darker color and with dark black stripes, and lighter brown seeds..... I think the Darker-striped seeds will be the ones I want to plant....

I live in an apt. and have a small outdoor closet thats practically empty and was thinking I'd open the door when I'm home to get air circ, but I'm really new to this, I want to geta realatively cheap startup thing, and this one on Amazon looks like it's perfect.... I also have a couple other lights:
    1 3-4ft long Black Light (I could easily pull the black light off it and stick in a flourescent) and I got a couple 'Clip-on reader' lights (you knoiw the ones that have clips so u can slip em on ur desk/headpost, wtvr)/......

So anyone got any other starter kit like this one on amazon they would recommend over this one? any pointers/tips well appreciated, I'm reading about Red/Blue Lighting now to get a head start!

2. I suppose that kit would be good for clones, that is about it. Your other lights won't work, I suggest reading the stickies in the absolute beginners section of this forum for help getting started out.

3. well I was wondering if i should grab it (the 48in not 24in one) and it i could make maybe 2-3ft tall plants, top em and try to make em bushy...... thinking i just want 2 plants...... is a black light good or harmful to plants? I got this HUGE 4ft long black light sittin in my closet from my high school partyin days....

I was gonna grab some florescents and decided to do it indoors in my closet and not the outdoor closet so the temps will be 70-80degrees with my AC/heat I will buy afan or two and keep air circulating...... but I just want some smaller plants I needa read up more but i think ill grab this thing... some reviews say it has 2 lights... and they are T5 6400k bulbs .... the reviews say its a flimsy setup, but i wont be moving it much and that the company put their best work into the lights (which is the most important thing im looking for) the stands a hunk of junk but the light is supposed to be REALLY good quality......

im gonna be using soil, and woudl i want to leave it running 24hrs until im ready to flower em then switch to 12on/12off..... thats what im reading would work fine with my mid/high-grade seeds....

thanks for your input im gonna grab it, but damn, yesterday it was 4.95shipping and now its 16.50........i fkn missed the black friday deal or something there.... booo!!! but oh well its $42.00 +$16.50shipping.... thats like what $58~
    sounds good to me, and i just grab some other florescents at a plant store or (oh how I hate this place) Walmart.... maybe ill hit Lowes or Home Depot first.... and i gotta read on nutes..... my buddy grew a monster plant in his backyard (well his mamas backyard) that was like 7feet tall using only miracle grow and that sucker drank 1gallon of water a day, if he missed a water it started to shrivel....

this is just so fun and new to me I always just bought my herb but with 7 big (i think pint sized?) jars on herb curing in my closet im psyched those will last me at least 4-6months til i can (hopefully) have another batch I grow in my closet under close suppervision......

peace n harmony