Is this a good bong to buy?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by xLively, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Black Leaf - ELITE Beaker Base 6-arm Perc Splash Ice Bong - No Carb Hole - Percolator Bongs - Glass Bongs - Bongs and Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com

[​IMG]

I'm trying to spend max, about $150 on a bong. What should I get? I saw this, and I think it's a good deal... but i don't know much about bongs.

2. #2 BigDaddyVapor, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    I don't have anything againt Black Leaf. In fact, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Saxo. However, beaker base... don't feel comfortable with it. I know it says, 5mm... but around the curves, the bottom... I doubt its 5mm.

That perc is crooked to. Though, if you want a perc piece in that price range... it might happen. Oftentimes, they still work, just fine. Bongs... in that range, some nice perc tubes, with good size and thick bases.

Weed Star - Mahony Illusion 3-arm Perc Glass Ice Bong

Weed Star - Smellchecker Bong - Built-in Precooler - Mini Inline Perc

Weed Star - Mentalist Glass Bong - 8-arm Perc (I'd get this, personally)

Black Leaf - 10-arm Fixed Stem Cylinder Ice Bong

All, under $150.

EDIT: Eh, after reading the reviews of the one you picked and the price... its a good deal. I might go ahead with that, especially if its the style you like. Though, I think the Mentalist 8 arm, is a step-above.

3. Not to hate on BlackLeaf or anything, but its pretty bad when the stock photos have the perc crooked. Usually the best of the best are used as the stock photo, so I'd be wary.

4. Yeah nasty percs there.

But I have a elite 6arm straight tube, not beaker. Its a good tube.

5. For $150, I'd get a SYN straight tube and a pretty nice downstem. Or a HVY straight tube and an Alex K. :)

OR a custom from Apix or someone.

6. I have that bong, was the first one I bought. It hits really smooth but a bit draggy. The beaker does feel a bit thin but as long as your careful it won't break. Now have a SYN too, much better but more expensive. If you can get an American glass bong you should get one because the quality of glass is better. Should check out soul shine family glass, they have nice stuff in your range. If you do go with the black leaf then maybe consider the straight tube version instead of the beaker.