Is This A Girl Gone To Seed?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jess.diamond, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Sorry dude. That's a male.

2. It was from a feminized pack from one of the major seed banks. Bummer. Should I post a comment about that seed bank somewhere, or send them an email. I'm not the complaining type, but I paid a premium price so I wouldn't have to waste a month or two.

Also, what will be the first signs of my other two females having been pollinated by this guy?

~jessie

3. It doesn't look like the pollen sacks are open so you may luck out with your other plants. GL!

4. #5 lessismore, Dec 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2009

That is definately a male, there is no mistaking pollen sacks for something else. If you purchased feminised seeds, then by all means you should express your veiws on them. In some cases you will find a hermie, and often it can be at the fault of the grower. However, this is a full blown male which you got from a pack of feminised seeds; there is no grower mistake can cause a feminised seed to go 100% male.

As for getting any assistence from the seed bank, it is doubtful b/c their out would be the seeds are sold for "souvenir purposes" only and may not be germinated in countries where it is illegal to do so. Also, most seed banks feel their obligations are fulfilled once the seeds germinate.

As for pollenation of the other females, IMO it looks as though you caught it in time.

5. ^Totally agree. It's possible that they will refer you to the breeder, but if I were you I would push back on that if they do -- the seedbank is the one that took your money.

The only other thing I might add is that if the seedbank gives you any issue you could very nicely suggest that if they won't help you then you feel obligated to inform all of your fellow growers on this very large MJ community at GC of the problems you had with the seedbank and breeder, by name, perhaps that will motivate them to action. You can tell them that many Blades on here buy femmed seeds and are very interested to know which seedbank it is that won't make their customer whole, these growers want to know which seedbank they should avoid in the future.

6. What forum area would I post results from the seedbank, after I email them? And does the board allow us to name specific seedbank companies, or is this a no-no??

7. Hey man sorry about your male plant:(:(. You can post the names of the seedbank on here I do it all of the time. I've gotten screwed twice from nirvana seeds and I have gotten all my seeds from highgradeseeds.com. Also, the other guy's are right unfortunaly the seedbank probably wont do anything about it, but you should still try brother. But when you buy femd seeds from a seedbank they typically quote that they will be 99% female so looks like you got that 1% man that sucks.:eek: