Is this a deficiency?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Bluetuna, Aug 21, 2017.

1. #1 Bluetuna, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    So I have a few outdoor plants. Two indicas (blueberry), two indica dominant hybrids (white cookies), and two sativa dominant hybrids (chernobyl).

Until the other day, all the plants looked really healthy. However, just recently, one of my blueberries is looking a bit off. There is yellow on some of the leaves. Some of the leaves look wrinkly and are browning slightly around the edges. A few have some white.

I think it must be some kind of deficiency but I'm just speculating. I've tried to correct for it in a few ways. At first, I thought it might not be getting enough water. That didn't help. Then I thought that it needed more sun on that side so I rotated it. Didn't help. Then I added some Vermibloom dry fertilizer into the mix. So far no improvements.

The two white cookies are looking a little more pale than the others. The newer leaves are in between a yellow and a light green. The leaves look perky and healthy though.

The Chernobyl look great and have been growing like crazy. I'm concerned they might flower late though..... Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also, the bugs have been hammering my plants all of a sudden. Is this because they have moved into flowering? How should I handle them?

A few leaves are starting to develop mildew. It happened after we had a lot of coastal fog. Any tips for that?

I'll add some new pics tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like low Iron. Hit them with a dose of micros

3. Thanks. Will they perk back up once I give them what they need or will the leaves stay like that?

4. #4 justsomejohn, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Post Removed

5. So I just checked on the plants. They look way better today! That fertilizer must have given them some of the nutrients they needed. The leaves that are yellow are still yellow but the wrinkled leaves perked right back up. One of the chernobyls looks like it grew over an inch.

Here are some pics.

Attached Files:

6. #6 justsomejohn, Aug 21, 2017
    Post Removed

7. It's called Vermibloom. Keep in mind this is my first grow and I'm just going off what was recommend to me. I was given these clones and didn't get them until July 25th. Everyone told me it was too late to grow but I went for it anyway. I bought the fertilizer at the local hydro shop.

I'm going to go check on them again this evening to make sure the lighting wasn't playing tricks on my eyes.

Total Nitrogen (N) 3%
    0.17% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
    0.62% Nitrate Nitrogen
    0.24% Other Water Soluble Nitrogen
    1.97% Water Insoluble Nitrogen Available Phosphate (P2O5)
    10% Soluble Potash (K2O)
    5% Calcium (Ca)
    6% Magnesium (Mg)
    1.2% Derived from: Fishbone Meal, Seabird Guano, Bat Guano, Alfalfa Meal, Basalt, Magnesium Sulfate, Rock Phosphate and Potassium Sulfate

8. #8 justsomejohn, Aug 21, 2017
    Post Removed