Is this a decent vac/chamber setup?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by 420OGKUSH, Apr 14, 2015.

1. So I am about to invest in a setup to start doing runs of about a quarter pound at a time. I am going to be using iso instead of butane and can invest around $200-$400 on a vac/chamber. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on which brand to get. I have been looking at these two setups:
    http://www.bestvaluevacs.com/3glbvv-vp2d.html

and 

http://www.bestvaluevacs.com/bvv5gl-sm-vp4d.html

Could I get away with the 3 gal, 2 cfm setup or would it be worth it to get the 5 gal 4 cfm setup?
    Also are both of these options totally unrealistic for running a qp at a time?

Thanks in advance for your time!

[​IMG]

2. The 3 gallon is fine for a QP run, which would be 16-20 Gs of oil roughly. You Def want that 2 stage vac though. Those single stage Best value vacs ones suck. Their chambers are legit though.

Also - Iso is crap. Plenty of people still make qwiso but it is trash imo. If you aren't doing tane, pick up some 190 everclear (NOT 151) or order it if your state doesn't sell it. Iso from Walgreens/CVS/Local drug store is not a clean solvent. At all. Why do you think it's $2 for a 750 ml bottle?

3. #3 2-Propanol, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
    Iso isnt crap, Impatient people and shit materials makes shit ISO. If you're not using atleast 99.5%+ IPA from a Chemical company (Not a pharmacy) then you shouldnt even fucking bother with it. IPA imo is the best single solvent method. ISO has such a stigma around it because so many people still can't seem to grasp the concept of Quick wash. Oh well... .02

4. Because you are a newbie like your title says.

5. I'm a newbie because i prefer using IPA instead of N-Butane for SINGLE solvent extraction? Logical.

6. Iso that is used by 90% of the people making qwiso IS CRAP. Not many people are getting high quality, regulated Iso. It just isn't readily available so kids are going to the drug store and using that nasty shit as a solvent. Pretty sure I stated that I was referring to the cheap crap at the drug store.

7. Sorry guys didn't mean to start a fight lol. I haven't been on GC for a couple years and back then, there was a fairly large ISO community. I used to make some dank shatter that probably wasn't the purest but it seemed better than a lot of the stuff at the dispensaries (i know that isn't saying much). So can you guys recommend any sources to get some quality ISO? 

I've been reading a lot on the forums and it seems like the general consensus is that butane extracts are better than ISO. I don't know why but some of the chemistry nuts seemed to be able to give some good explanations. If that's the case I'm not afraid of making the switch I just used to love doing ISO extracts.

8. I don't have a source off hand but I'm sure if you dig around online a bit you can find some quality stuff. Terp profiles are pale in comparison to bho though. I definitely made some decent tasting qwiso a few years back but it was never terp city like some fire bho.

Just don't use that pharmacy stuff. It's all bad. If you DO use it. Purge the fuck outta that shit.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Wasnt trying to step on any toes! Alliance chemical has been the best company ive delt with in the states!

10. #10 2-Propanol, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    Technical grade is the key word i tend to look for. Nothing that says rubbing alcohol or looks like its for medical purposes. It's never going to be truely anhydrous during the wash but you want 99%+ technical grade to get as close as you can to no water content. INVEST in a dehydrator! And on the tane thing, N-Butane was the first solvent i worked with and still do with other solvents. But as far as single solvent qwiso when done right can be fantastic

EDIT:

http://www.amazon.com/Gallon-Isopropyl-Alcohol-99-99-Reagent/dp/B00DUGMVC6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_misc_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1BS4EDC1YAZV77DYD47N