Is there such a thing

Discussion in 'General' started by Exodus2011, Jan 10, 2012.

1. As a scientist who only researches weed?

Like a cannabologist or something?

2. [quote name='"BUDDAMUNK"']A stoner?[/quote]

Haha serious man like gets paid for it, does experiments, works for the government or a university, the whole shebizz

3. I really really hope so.. because if do I've finally found a job I could be content with.

Once its legal there will be so many jobs concerning weed.. future generations are luck as fuck

4. No... Many have tried but they never got past the first dank nug before they figured "whats the point?" :smoking:

5. I don't think so though. The present laws (not just in US but all over the world) cause a huge barrier to such science =/. It's a damn shame when politics get in the way of science and progression

6. Yea mang, they're called botanists; but it's not the weed that they grow that they get paid for - it's trees and shit. I'm sure every botanist has weed though, I mean...if you had expertise in plants why wouldn't you?

7. [quote name='"Exodus2011"']

Haha serious man like gets paid for it, does experiments, works for the government or a university, the whole shebizz[/quote]

There are those people that check the MMJ for mold.

8. Yes there are. But the chances of you getting the job are just as low as your chances of becoming the one guy the US government lets synthesize LSD

You have to be super smart and have a damn good reason to study it

9. you can be the first

you can do it

do it!!!!

10. [quote name='"nathann"']Yes there are. But the chances of you getting the job are just as low as your chances of becoming the one guy the US government lets synthesize LSD

You have to be super smart and have a damn good reason to study it[/quote]

Wat kind of things will they let u study weed for?

11. Well, that's sorta up to you to figure out. As I understand it, medical scientists (meaning you need tons of schooling) must make proposals to the government to work with cannabis. Then the government either obliges, or tells you to kick rocks. It would seem, given the current state of US government funded cannabis studies, that they rarely oblige

12. No way the US gov is gonna pay for studies like that

13. That is awesome ha ha ha ha

14. #16 Blazed Bacon, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2012
    Guys, it's called botany. The study of plants.

Botanists are not masters of all plants. Each individual botanist has an area of study that is more narrow that all of botany. Some may study the cannabis genus exclusively. There's your answer. They're botanists.

edit: They also likely belong to this: http://cannabinoidsociety.org/

edit 2: also, many other types of scientists study cannabis and its chemicals and uses.

15. ^ word i was gonna say dat

16. There is an entire branch of a school that is dedicated to growing marijuana and studying its effects. Paid by the government.

I'm sad no one else knows about this.

17. Government runs nation's only legal pot garden - CNN

We are in the Coy W. Waller Laboratory Complex on the campus of the University of Mississippi, getting a look at the only legal marijuana farm and production facility in the United States. This is the government's "cannabis drug repository."

Since 1968, the National Institute on Drug Abuse has contracted with the university lab to grow, harvest and process marijuana and to ship it to licensed facilities across the country for research purposes. The lab also collects samples of marijuana seized by police to determine its potency and to document national drug trends.