Is there such a thing as a stupid question?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Governmentcheese, Sep 23, 2013.

1. #1 Governmentcheese, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
    If so here it is. I soaked and cracked a couple seeds getting them ready for my hempy grow. I the paper towel, warming mat and darkness method and they cracked and popped tails in 24 hours, but that leaves me with another question. Since this is my first indoor grow, I'm not sure about this next step. I put the cracked seeds into the rapid rooter plugs after soaking them (plugs) in some pH adjusted RO water.

My question is...should I leave them in the dark until they break the surface? Since I've only done outdoor grows before and just let the sun do the work, I'm not sure if I should turn on the T5's or not. This is my first attempt at indoor and I have my buckets all ready to go too (I added more perlite and it's at least 80% now), but I am also under the impression it's better to let them pop the surface before putting them in the buckets. Right now, they are sitting on little plates with the T5 panel on. Their little squiggly tails are in there, but...

1. Light or no light right now?

2. Do I put them right into the buckets now? or wait until they're more viable and show roots through the rapid rooter plugs?

Attached Files:

2. personal preference i suppose, as soon as i plant my seeds in the dirt i put it under my light.

3. Thanks for the quick reply zmasterflash. I've not only never done indoor, but never done hempy buckets either. Any ideas about whether to drop these plugs into them now? or should I wait until they "show"?

4. if it was me i would just drop em in, i also have never done hempy buckets, i only have limited experience with soil and my 1000w hps lol. im sure someone who is more experienced will chime in soon enough though.

5. seems u r really over thinking this , and thats a bad idea . 
    First off u should do the same thing like if its outside, 
    drop the seed in a soil , turn on the light and wait a few days , 
    No reason in doing all these extra things that u r . I would call that the ADHD guide to growing weed lol, saying that since lots of first time growers get all excited and want this 1 seed to turn into a kilogram of weed within weeks :p

6. I've told myself the same thing (i.e. don't over think it). When I get home, I'll stick the plugs in the hempy buckets and just grow.