Is there such a thing a to much light ?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by wchancey, Sep 27, 2018.

1. I am a new grower and just set up my first 4x4 tent. All my equipment was bought using customer reviews .
    My light is a King Plus 1000 it is 185w , It says rated for a 4x4 , but doesn't seem to be enough , if I added another one like it a total 370w suppose to be equivalent to 2000w. Is that to much for a 4x4 ?

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

2. it is not enough,
    you need 1000w of HID, around 800w of older LED's (blurple), or 500-600w of COB's or Quantum Boards.

i think the King Plus is old LED tech, to fill a 4x4 and get a good quality harvest you would need 4-5 of those lights.

scrap that old tech and get 4 HLG 135w QB's,
    get 2 at 4000k to start plants under, and 2 more at 3000k to run all 4 during flower.!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes, unfortunately you got screwed like so many before with the false wattage. You would do ok with 4-5 of them, but there are better options. One was mentioned above. Another is to build your own light out of 4 packs of qb132 or qb120 on amazon. Or buy a preassembled kit

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I’m in the same boat. 4X2 text with a blurple 1000W (no idea how bad it is at the outlet) and a 600W white LED (ygrow brand), also garbage I’m sure. I had discussed with Slow Old Guy my lighting situation before, and have started saving what money I can to go the QB route he recommended. I hadn’t considered it before, but after some research, it’s the best investment (for me).

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I’ll be testing out some new qb96 elite v2 engines, once I receive them. I’m pretty excited to see what they do over my scrog. HLG is also fitting the 120 and 132 boards with the newer diodes, so look for v2’s coming soon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You got boned - should have got the samsung 288 boards with 301B chips (3000 - 3500k Bloom)(4000-5000K Veg)
    probably 2 x 2board sets and you would be very well covered