Is there still hope? help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Twistedweather, Dec 21, 2010.

1. killed my last plant, think I would have learned...
    Realized what a mistake I made after reading giving nutes to a young plant is like given steroids to a baby.
    Did I kill my baby?[​IMG]

Always start with at least 1/4 strength nutes, especially if your working without a ph meter,ppm. etc.
    DONT EYEBALL it, accuaracy counts, Dont want to learn the hard way ....Let me give you an example:

Mango Clone rooted in rockwool
    7inches
    topped low stress training for bushy plant
    4.5 weeks since cloned purchased at dispensery

Environment
    Secret JardinDR40
    1 gallon --> 3gallon pot
    Soil: Organic garden and bloome
    lights: previously 230w--> now 125w 6400k 24hr schedule (too hot , fan died, increase after I get my inline fan

Temp 75-85 Humidity 20-35%
    watering (1/2 tap 1/2 distilled) 2 cups of distilled h20

okay so far?

Pic #1 Monday Dec 13 Before nutes LST and topped for busher plant
    watered with nutes that evening
    [​IMG]

Wed Dec 16
    Yellowish green leaves, large fan leaves hardest hit and almost completely yellow
    new growth looks small, sickly, leaves have claw look

Pic 2&3 Sat Dec18 Flushed, Transplanted into larger pot with new organic soil
    All leaves yellow green . Removed 3 sets of leaves that looked the sickest after pic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pic #4 Dec 20
    Leaves looking less yellow green, edges of the majority of leaves regaining original green color [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What exactly happen to my plant?
    Will they recover, and what can I do?
    this noob will thankfully take any advice!!

and I know NO MORE NUTES!![​IMG]
    thanks

2. they look like they could live. probably would have a higher chance if you didnt just top it.. but thats ok. They can take some neuts at that age, but not full strength. your best bet is to water with fresh water half as much but maybe more often, dont over water. if they arent dead yet, they should live. might be stunted for a bit.

3. What nutes at what strength did you give? (what N-P-K?) Did I miss that?

To be honest, the plant looked a little claw-like before the nutes, too. And the stem seems thick for a dispensary-bought clone, but these are things not necessarily relevant to the problem.

So, it's 4.5 weeks since it rooted, and no nutes all that time? How long ago did you transplant and how did the roots look at that time? Does it look like the nute burn you had on your other plant? I have seen pics of nute burn and it doesn't usually look like this, but I've never experienced it personally. The pics I've seen are usually of brown & gray spotted crispy leaves, or very dark green leaves from too much N.

I too am having a yellowing problem but I only noticed it just before lights off last night so I have to wait several hours to get a good look at it.

4. #4 Twistedweather, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2010
    First 3 weeks watered with 2 cups of h20 (1 drop superthrive/1 gallon h20 solution) b4 giving first watering with nutes (not sure about nkp ratio)

3 days after nutes noticed problems
    lots of new sickly (thin small leaves) new growth, that jus suddenly now has stunted, overall plant turned yellow green

4th day
    flushed and then immediately transplanted into new soil (mistake?) The roots were bright white, long and plentiful. The rootball was soaked cuz of flushing.

Today
    Airate the soil. They appear the same way as b4.
    Some leaves have purple color @ tips, and yellow spots. Underside of leaf: stems are red then fade towards tip

Problems? overfertilization, overwatering, and ph lockout? :(

Imagine plant is in shock?

Besides not overwatering, looks like its jus time to wait n see if they recover?
    Anything else I could do?

5. You answered your own question, Nute lockout due, to overfeeding.

Just leech the soil with plain water plus 1 drop of surperthrive for at least 2 days.

Do you test runoff, with a ec/ppm meter?

6. no ph meter, ppm/ec meter, or low/raise ph solution ...on a tight budget
    I realize these are must now if I plan continuing to fertilize

right now jus goin to not overwater, lay off the nutes, and airate the soil. Then wait n see if it recovers

thanks

7. You NEED to know what the PH is of the water you are putting in, even with no nutes.

You can not grow with bad PH bro...

8. So, the plant is 4.5 weeks old, has had only 1 dose of nutes, we don't know the NPK ratio of the nutes or the strength at which they were given. How do we know it is nute burn? Seriously, it's not a rhetorical question. I'm only on my second grow.

Have you checked for bugs? Use a magnifiying glass or loupe and look carefully.

I think the fresh soil may help, if it's quality soil. Transplant stress makes the plant wilty. If it's not wilty you may not have stressed it by transplanting.

What nutes are you using? It should give the NPK on the bottle/package.

9. Decided jus not to use nutes until I get a ph meter

after doing some research and help here, I believe its a combination of overwatering and overfertilization
    At this point I know what I did wrong and will avoid it in the future

Now Im jus curious when/if the plant will recover....

Does anyone have any experience with a plant suffering from chlorosis (yellowing leaves) and then returning to original green and growing again