is there something wrong with my plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by simster, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Ive been growing these plants for about 2 months now...and it seems they are growing very slowy..they are also really thin and have small leaves...am i doing something wrong? what could cause this...or is this normal?

sorry im high...i guess im just looking for opionions on how my plants look after vegging for 2 months.

lights: 3 T5 (40w x 2) fluorescent
    seed: just bagseed (this is my test grow)

Attached Files:

2. #2 Liz_Lemon, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
    Wos dude, we have the same pots!

Walmart?

View attachment 204100

Mine are about the same age and are stunted at about 18"-24", I am going to start flowering today because they are at the limit that container size will allow.

Click my Lemon's Grove link to see my journal...

I am a rank amateur grower, this is my first time, but yours look a little over watered maybe?
    They'll take water more frequently in this container size but still only 2 or 3 times/week.

3. #3 slanesh, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
    yeh there is, and my first guess would be lights.

80 watts isnt enough. none of that light is going to get to the bottom of those plants, so i think thats why the leaves are dying.

you need more wattage. and what nutes are you giving them?
    and whats your watering schedule? what soil are you using?

if you cant buy more lights then researched "lst". low stress training. it will help to make your plants flatter, more horizontal so you can have the light the same distance from the whole plant. instead of having to put it above the top of the plant, which is a good 2 feet away from the bottom of the plant.

they look like theyre gagging for nutrients. give em some nitrogen. quick!

4. for my watering schedule i give them a splash of water about once a day...not very much, just a little..

i have 3 of the T5's on them for a total of 240 watts right now, and the soil is miracle grow. also about once a week or so i give them tomato fertilizer mixed with the water.

5. they need more light, but try to get ur CFLs as close as u can to help them out

6. #6 gypjew, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
    miricle grow BAD! get them into organic soil fast.... and careful with the nutes... cut the recomended dosage in 1/3 and use that sparingly.... i would also sugest more light but it looks like that got covered.... take it easy with the nutes only every 2 weeks if that... and water too, don't water if you stick your finger in the soil and it comes out wet...other than that the look decent nothing they wont come back from... take a look at my grow now that plant had problems...lol good luck and keep us updated,,,

7. #7 slanesh, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
    yeah.

get them out of miracle grow soil. put them into some potting/seedling soil with no added nutrients.
    i think the lights will be okay. im growing with 250w cfl and doing fine. started with 6 and 5 turned out female :D but you need to get as much of the plant as close to the light as possible your utilising almost none of that light at the moment.. nothing but the top 4 or 5 inches of the plants will benefit from how youve got it. so look at my sig to see how ive done mine, or research lst training.

8. the bigger the pot the bigger the plant

9. Ya. Miracle grow soil sucks. From looking at your babies, I would say you might wanna look at your ph. Looks like you might have a ph problem. You can buy cheap ass ph meters at Lowes for like 6 bucks. I have one. Its not as good as a ph pen, but it does the job. Just clean it a lot before and after each use. You need to keep your ph between 6.5 and 7 ideally for soil. Anything over or under and you start getting into problems. Like what you have. I had a similar issue, though my plant was bigger. It was displaying symptoms of Nitrogen defeciency, but it had plenty of nutes. I checked the ph and I was at 6. Way too low. This causes the nutes to become "locked out" to a point where the plant can't absorb and use it properly. This would explain your stunted growth.