Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is there much separating expensive glass from really expensive glass?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Stg7, Jul 30, 2016.

1. The questions I pose to you seasoned tokers out there are how high in price range would you be willing to go for a great piece of glass? Also after a certain price bracket does the leap in overall glass quality start to flatline?

Obviously if you buy a cheap £30 piece of glass you can reasonably expect the kind of performance you will get from it. After the £200 price bracket its lost on me. A £200 bong is going to be flat out better than the £30, smoother hits and such. What about a £300 bong is there much difference between that and something considerably cheaper? I really don't see how you would be able to detect much of a difference after the third or so percolator is added. Does it just become a case of "add more features this bong is expensive" or is there a tangible difference between the ranking of the higher priced bongs available?

Now obviously glass quality and overall craftsmanship will vary from company to model but if we take it as a general rule of thumb. If we also rule out limited edition bongs as the reason for their price is not usually directly tied to their performance more their aesthetic. Just include bongs that are standard but are flat out more expensive than their other similarly high quality counterparts.

I personally have not spent much time around high quality glass but this information would be incredibly useful if I ever make a future glass purchase.

• Like Like x 1
  2. For me it depends I have a 700+ hbg mega inline(12 hole inline 65 arms ice catcher and splash guard) and a 3 honey comb straight shooter maverick that was 100. They both function but the size of hit I can comfortably take without coughing is incredibly different. One isn't always preferable just very diffrent. Im trading for a sovernity piece soon that isn't as big so a comparison between that and the maverick will probably be better.

3. As with pretty much every product the best thing to do is find the sweet spot between price and quality. Only spend money on something if you really feel like you'll get your moneys worth for it. If you're going to spend a lot on a bong it should have percs or a very cool design. I see way too many ass clowns trying to sell a standard beaker worth 60 or 70 bucks for 150+.

Edit I just realized this thread is old

4. Aha I didn't see 2016 either