Is there more to life?

Discussion in 'General' started by Atom, Jun 9, 2007.

1. So I'm sitting at work right now, my mind wandering to and from different places when suddenly a thought hits me,

IS THERE MORE TO LIFE?

I realize this is not an easy question to answer, I know there has to be more then what we all live to do. We have all been brought up to make money, give away when you can afford it, try and stay positive, be happy. What I want to know is what there is to live for? Just to be happy? There has to be more to living then just trying to please yourself. Do you believe there is a purpose for us or are we out there to live for ourselves?

DISCUSS.

2. What are you a terrorist? It's the duty of every well meaning American to work hard until 65, only after that can you live out the best years of your life on social security until you succumb to the sweet release of death.

3. I always wonder what if life never existed.. anywhere... or what if NOTHING EVER HAPPENED. I mean... No universe, no nothing.. weird.

4. I was just about to make a thread about this,I've been feeling like that too...Like is there more to life then school,work,TV/Internet and pleasures.Maybe we constantly need a change in our schedules ie buy a new roor,but you see what I mean its all about buy,buy,buy.You feel ugly buy some make-up,you feel bored you buy a DVD/Videogame.Were all sheeps in the barnyard of the corporate overlords who constantly pull the wool over our eyes whenever real issues hit the frying pan.

5. I honestly think there isnt. Theres less to life. We were gifted with reason and we created civilizations as a result. Really I see life as surviving and reproducing. Depressing I know but I dont see any other point

6. i think if there was a "god' he might have created us to procreate like most animals to keep the planet balanced, what you do with your spare time is up to you.
    make the best of it, i know i do.
    but i dont have some shitty job waiting till im 65.
    i have fun

7. we build and we destroy. thats what humans do. we create ideas and destroy them. those are the essential two states of matter, together and apart.

If we didn't work for each other, none of this would be happening right now.
    I don't believe is purpose beyond self satisfaction, i believe is pattern and our desire in creating and destroying them.

Life is what you make it. heres your shot gun(arms), four days rations(survival), a flashlight(theories) and a brain(brain), good luck out there(life).:wave:

8. I've been struggling with trying to ask people this question also.

9. Eat some shrooms and ask yourself these questions.

10. Is there more to life...?

Well.
    That's up to each individual to find out.
    Because we all have seperate and unique events that pertain only to that individual.
    What I believe is that each person is born, lives, and perishes.
    Beyond that I dare not make an assumption, because anything I can come up with would be a shot in the dark compared to the vastness of existance.

I live to do good to those who do good.
    So too do I live to punish and repay those in need of retrobution.
    As long as I die with honor, I'm not worried about the variants in life.

11. I thought over this thread a little, i couldn't find words to describe how life can feel some times. But, this song does a great job at just that.

Nine inch nails- "every day is exactly the same."

12. well, i mean imagine if you lived out in the woods, would you not do the same thing anyway? im pretty drunk right now, but just thinking out loud ya know?

You'd hunt/gather water, food, etc. only it would be harder. why not sit back and relax and enjoy life and how easy it really is when you strip it all down :)

i mean, if you lived in a long time ago, with none of this other shit, i'd still be the same right? you'd have to adapt and make a suitable place for yourself to live eventually....just something to think about, i guess.

I'm playing the devil's advocate here...but still....

13. I think life is about having the best time you can.
    I dont like the idea of going to school, go through college, get a job buy a house get married have kids and die

wtf kind of life is that?

14. I"m never having kids. And I'm likely not having a wife. I may have a woman who if I were ever to make love with someone on a regular basis I would choose her, but I'll probably be a celibite monk when I grow up.

15. Life is what you make of it.

Explore is the only advice I can give to everyone.

It will make you happy.

16. hahaha exactly!