Is there mold growing on my plant?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mlgkush, May 24, 2019.

?

Is it mold?

  1. That’s mold bro

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nah ur good

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Context:Friend stumbled across a grow that was bagged up,no clue how long it was bagged for supposedly not long.I was going to proceed to dry it however I noticed what appears to be white spots in a few areas? I’m not sure if this is mold and how I should proceed.I heard that soaking in a disinfectant bath should get rid of the issue.
    Any advice is appreciated
    (I’m not 100% sure if it is mold)
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Do the growths look 'fuzzy'?
    Your photos...
     
  3. Kinda hard to tell, photos are blurry when zoomed.
     
  4. There isn't many growths and they seem really concentrated,too small for me to tell if its fuzzy.
    Any sure fire signs that it is moldy?
     
  5. I'll try upload some better ones in a minute
     
  6. It might've been bagged up for a reason but could be powdery mildew. Crack a few buds open and dig deeper.
     
  7. Whats the difference between mildew and mold?
     
  8. I dug into a few buds they look okay on the inside but I'm just weary cause of the few dodgy bits I think may be mold
     
  9. if its just that little bit with what you think maybe mold just cut it out ,youve looked inside and you said its ok ,,so cut it out and smoke the rest , just take a draw but dont inhale to get the taste,,but if its got a moldy taste dont inhale mac,,
     
  10. Stolen:
    What Are the Differences in Appearance Between Mold Vs. Mildew? ... Mildew is typically white, gray or yellow and grows on the surface of moist, warm areas. Its texture is fluffy or powdery. On the other hand, mold tends to be green or black, and it usually grows underneath the surface of anything that has gotten wet.
     
  11. Nothing is sure-fire without proper photos; even then...
     
  12. Reading the OP again, if it was bagged wet chances are it's the start of mold, like mentioned above cut it clear of the rest of the bud and let the buds themselves sit out to dry. Just spread them on a screen or small rack of sorts to allow the air to circulate.
     
  13. Shine a black light (real one!) on the bud; if the bud fluorescences than throw it out. Aflatoxin is produced by aspergillus; this is the only real mold that will hurt you. Aflatoxin is what fluorescences under black light.
     
Loading...

Share This Page