Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is there even really a difference?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by massivevagina, Feb 21, 2013.

1. So I've always been able to notice subtle differences in highs between different strains of weed but I've never specifically been able to notice a difference between indica and sativa? What do you guys think? Is there even really a notable difference?

2. indicas are body highs, sativas are mind highs. but nowadays most strains are hybrids, meaning they're mixed indica and sativa. depending on where you live, you probably have strains that are mostly either dominantly indica or sativa, and don't vary all that much.

3. Hugh difference! you will learn oh young one :)

4. yes i know what they do -.- I'm just saying is it even really enough to notice from say a complete indica and a complete sativa

5. yes lol, body highs are more 'couch lock'y - feel good and don't wanna move, but your thoughts aren't affected as much. headies make you think differently, see the world in a different light, but don't affect the way your body feels as much.

6. How noticable would you say the difference is?

7. With a sativa you feel really like fucked in the head, and you feel very energetic. With an indica, you feel relaxed, and often get couchlocked, or fall asleep or something.. Depends where you are though, like if you're outside walking around after smoking an indica then it's just a nice chill relaxing high, but when you're at home just watching TV or something, you're gonna pass out

8. Smoke a sativa just before you go to bed then smoke an indica first thing in the morning you will soon see theres a big difference when your lay in bed trying to figure out the meaning of life, look online for the strains you need to look out for.

9. Cant sleep after a sativa, indica helps me sleep

10. u've either never had both or like most strains, have had 50/50 in everything u smoke (most are crossed between indica and sativa to give both highs)

11. #11 Tastytrichomes, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
    you will know when you're smoking either

pain relief

stimulation and focus

The Difference Between Indica And Sativa Marijuana Plants | The Weed Blog

12. Yeah OP, I would say the difference is pretty noticeable if you have an 80% indica vs. an 80% sativa. You should see if you can acquire both at once. And make absolutely sure they are what your guy says they are. Then label them, and test them both in one day, or one day after another. You should notice a pretty big difference.

13. Yes there is. Indica for me is usually a can't move type of high where you feel glued to where ever you're sitting. There is an amazing relaxation of the muscles most noticeable in the legs. There is also a tiredness sleepy feeling with an even more tiring comedown.

On the other hand sativa will get your mind going. You feel so alive and full of energy. Your thoughts are more different and you see things with a deeper meaning. Colors are very vivid. You become very curious and want to discover things. It tends to make you, or at least in my case, very enthusiastic and ambitious. You start wondering about life and also your head feels ten times huger.

14. Being able to discern between strains of bud takes a real Cannabis Connoisseur. even then it will probably have to be dispensary-grown

15. yes i notice a big difference personally. i've had sativa's that send me to the fucking MOON. completely just in another place mentally. i can't ever get that with an indica, but a good indica makes my body feel so nice and my muscles tingle and slacken and i can drift straight to sleep, always very peaceful and restful sleep too

16. Sometimes it's night and day.

17. That's fuckin' crazy