Is there even proof ANY religion is real?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Craving, Feb 11, 2012.

1. We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. by its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies-all these are private and, except through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

2. Religion is very real. The existence of a omnipotent higher being that knows all, and controls your destiny is really what I question.

3. How can you say religion has no true affect on life the revolving around it? For a lot of people their religion determines how they behave, what they eat, what they do, what they say, what they think, how they have sex, how they treat their kids, how they treat other people, whether or not they go to war, etc, and pretty much every other aspect of their life. Thats pretty darn effective.

4. Eh, you don't have to believe Moses parted it, my only point was that it happened and that there is a lot of real factual history in the bible. You don't have to believe all or even any the spiritual stuff in it to recognize the historical value. And sorry if my other post sounded rude :)

I saw that program more than 7 years ago, but I don't see where how old the info is has to do with anything either. Facts are facts.

5. Ironically you can't prove religion doesn't exist, vice versa so it'll never get anywhere.

6. Religion does exist...it very clearly exists...the question I think he's asking is whether or not what people who practice religion believe is true. In my opinion it isn't, but you'll never see me try to convince anyone that what they believe is wrong...if it makes them happy, and gives them peace of mind I'm all for it baby.

7. There is proof of nothing.
    Evolution is a belief too. So if you believe in evolution, technically you have a religion. No matter how much proof there is of it. It cannot be observed/measured by the scientific method because it takes thousands of years for a species to adapt.

Muslims believe in a prophet that had sex with a 9 year old girl, and the girl's mother forced her to have sex with him, that's why it's legal for those countries to marry young girls.

Catholics believe in some pope that is somehow closer to God than the rest of us and one even once said "The jesus fable has served us well." Leo something. Look it up.

The best thing to be? Agnostic. Cause we dont know shit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R66r_XMoDkk]The Agnostic Code - YouTube[/ame]

8. Please don't compare the scientific method to blind faith...that's utterly insulting and it makes no sense.

It can not be measured because it takes thousands of years for a species to adapt? Have you ever heard of fossil records?

Lizards rapidly evolve after introduction to new island

But yeah you're right, scientists don't have a SHRED of evidence because we only live in the moment.

9. Facts are facts only so long as you take them in that way. National Geographic has a nice reputation, but they aren't %100

10. Religion isn't something that can be proved real or fake within the boundaries of reality. It's just a belief of a higher being, doesn't necessarily mean that it's just a bunch of bogus just because it can't be proven.

11. Very original thread.