Is there even proof ANY religion is real?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Craving, Feb 11, 2012.

1. I have proof cause I AM GOD THE CREATOR OF ALL naah jk I just a silly stoner so heres a pic of my pussy :)

ForumRunner_20120214_190947.png

2. nah, but they still demand respect from the rest of us.

that rick perry ad is so funny....this isn't 1920 anymore Rick....people wont vote for you for being a bigoted hater

3. Uh like Tao or God is dope but can't really label. Maybe they look like you.

4. What do you mean, is there "proof religion is real?" Religions exist, yes. Do you mean "is what religions believe true?" and the answer is no.

5. [quote name='"JesusGotBaked"']What do you mean, is there "proof religion is real?" Religions exist, yes. Do you mean "is what religions believe true?" and the answer is no.[/quote]

At least we have a stoner Jesus to believe in on here... :smoke:

6. Relgion, specfically the christian religion, (in my opinion) took a bunch of stories written as guidance for people to live right, love and help eachother etc, and became convinced they were literal. If religon hadn't emerged would the world be a better place? Probably. If you argue that religions merits outweigh the worst aspects then you really need to look at the history of christianity. Regardless,in my opinion people shouldnt have to have a all powerful
    entity on their mind to act well to one another.

7. OP Your the devil

8. Actually they proved the parting of the sea did happen. There is a certain spot in that sea that at a certain time of year basically gets really low or something, I can't remember but there is a scientific explanation, it does happen, and you can cross it at that time. Also the stuff like david and Goliath and other stuff is historical fact, proven in history. Now the other stuff like adam and even and the garden of eden, angels, and God creating the earth, or God being real at all has not been proven yet.

9. #29 Ehigh420, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
    what is real is very subjective. we all boldly hold onto a number of suppositions in our own right. we surmise what "is" constantly. to believe in another man's reality requires swallowing a lot of pure conjecture. I believe in this massive energy that simply is the existence of everything.

Sorry dude, but just like religion, I won't swallow your conjecture as if it were coated gently with a layer of sweet & dark Eucalyptus honey. Unless you can present a reliable source that I can view for myself, I don't believe what you have to say. I hope you would approach my statements in the same manner simply to remain vigilant in the search of our subjective "truth."

10. #30 monkies, Feb 17, 2012
    LOL first of all I'm not a dude. And idc if you believe me or not. It was a scientific program on tv I saw it about 15 years ago so I doubt I can find anything about it now. Believe what you want idgas lol. If you really care then do some research I'm sure you can find something about it p

p.s. You should be glad it was scientifically proven to be a natural occurence, then you can just say it wasn't a miracle silly and you can go believing that God doesn't exist.

I found this little bit of text online, it was something like this how they explained moses seeing the "burning bush" :
    "William Robertson Smith, in his book The Religion of the Semites, suggested that the fire in the burning bush was a form of static electricity that can develop around such objects as bushes in arid climates."
    Oh, the name of the bush is creosote bush and it can and does from time to time catch fire suddenly, not burn, and the fire goes out. Its a fact of nature, sorry if this interferes with your nonbelief that nothing in the bible is true.

"In the 2005 film Kingdom of Heaven, Orlando Bloom's character Balian utters the line "A spark and a creosote bush, there is your Moses, there is your religion", suggesting that the burning bush in the Bible was a simple creosote bush being sparked by a thrown rock."

3. Eurasian perennial herb with white flowers that emit flammable vapor in hot weather

11. #32 Ehigh420, Feb 17, 2012
    I'm sorry, but you're going quite off-tangent with what you're saying. I said "dude" quite figuratively, and I feel that is quite obvious. I know of the creosote bush, that's old news. But, as far as taking what TV says as purely truthful goes-I don't really do a whole lot of that. I feel like you're taking a 7 year old program called "Sceince of the Bible" from National Geographic to go on and poorly paraphrase some of the things it said. Lastly, making a statement without being able to back it and then going on to tell someone to look it up "if they really care" is a terrible way of trying to make a point, especially in any form of open debate.

I'll go on to recognize the land bridge, but I don't feel like believing pure conjecture that Moses supposedly parted it himself.

12. This thread is ridiculous, as are many of the posts in it. You worded the title incorretly. Religion is real, although whether or not the beliefs in regard to religion are 'real' is difficult if not impossible to determine. Also, there's no proof one way or the other.

Also, for those of you saying religions are all "fairy tails", you're sadly mistaken. Im not religious and Im not sure if there's a God or not; however, some of what's written in the bible and other religious texts is documented. For example, there is documentation that Jesus did exist and so did Pontius Pilot (sp?). This doesn't mean Jesus was the son of God or performed any miracles, but to say it's a fairy tale is IGNORANT as fuck.

13. [quote name='"Ehigh420"']

I'm sorry, but you're going quite off-tangent with what you're saying. I said "dude" quite figuratively, and I feel that is quite obvious. I know of the creosote bush, that's old news. But, as far as taking what TV says as purely truthful goes-I don't really do a whole lot of that. I feel like you're taking a 7 year old program called "Sceince of the Bible" from National Geographic to go on and poorly paraphrase some of the things it said. Lastly, making a statement without being able to back it and then going on to tell someone to look it up "if they really care" is a terrible way of trying to make a point, especially in any form of open debate.[/quote]

So where do you get your facts from that you base your opinion on, don't say books because jus like the bible, books are "man made".

14. Of course many of the stories inside many holy books are true, but I hope you understand why some disregard it simply because of how unrealistic it can be at times. I, for one, believe the principals it teaches and don't care for much else. I feel that Jesus was a man who felt that the world was coming to an end sometime soon and decided to be the best person he can be-something many people don't do. Beyond that, "should I just believe everything I hear because someone wrote it a long time ago?" is where my thinking tends to lead me.

I literally never said my opinions were fact, and I didn't make any statements that required any basis. I simply stated that I don't openly swallow conjecture-I like to witness things to believe them the majority of the time. Besides that though, I enjoy having sources that are trustworthy. Saying, "hey God is real and he's going to burn you in Hell if you don't do what he says" isn't the sort of thing I simply buy into. The creosote bush is and always has been an interesting bush, but that's another story of in its own right. I'd like to point out that I didn't understand the last part of what you said about books. Some books present theorems that can be practiced; and in that sense books can be very valid.

15. Religion is simply a following of people that believe without knowing any wiser. Simply put, people are generally following another HUMAN's personal THOUGHTS/BELIEFS, on life itself. No religion is correct or incorrect, since they have no true effect on the life revolving around said religion.

16. In the eyes of a lot of people in the modern world there is no proof that any religion is true. What makes religion so controversial is the fact that there isn't any proof that's why there are so many conflicts about the same differences over and over again.

The whole point of religion is the aspect of faith. People have faith in God (or Nirvana), and their faith in a God (or Nirvana) that there isn't any proof that exists shows their devotion and fills their heart with hope that they will reach Heaven or escape from the cycle of rebirths and reach spiritual bliss.

17. The idea of escapism, huh

18. There is no proof either way, real or unreal.

However, those of us who believe in science, refuse to take a mystical answer or believe in fantastical fairy tales...

19. this is sadly the only intelligent post ive seen regarding this subject on this site for a while.