Is there anyway to fix this

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by RipperOfBongs, Dec 7, 2013.

1. #1 RipperOfBongs, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    A couple weeks ago I came back to my place drunk one night and ripped my bong. And stupidly placed it in a spot that was asking to be tipped over. Needless to say I woke up the next morning hungover AF and on the way to the bathroom it happened.

My baby went down and the part where the downstem goes in(the hole) got the brunt of the impact, as a result it lost some glass there and now there is a gaping hole in which neither my ash catcher or downstem can fit snugly in.

So my question is, is there anyway I can go about mcguvering it to make it work? While it will be chill to be able to use my downstem, just being able to use it with my ash catcher would be awesome since my only other piece is a super small bowl for travel, since I broke my bubbler I got in cali :(

I'm guessing I'm SOL but figured I would try my luck with sweet baby jesus before I give up hope since I dropped >200 on this baby and only had it for two(if that) months :(

2. JB weld man. Let it cure so it more of a clay like consistency and sculpt it to fill in the gaps. When ur done wet ur finger and smooth it out, just like working with clay. Let it cure for a few days and fire it up. I had a sherlock that shattered pieced together like this at one point before I eventually retired it.

3. #3 RipperOfBongs, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    Alright cool, thanks man! Where would I go to pick up some, a hardware store or should I just order it offline? 

Also I was never good at crafts, what do you mean by cure it before I sculpt it? Sorry if that's a retarded question but ya I'm not that good with this kind of stuff so want to make sure I get the jist of what you saying before I go about salvaging my baby! 

Also I'm guessing it would be a better idea to sculpt it around my downstem? So that I can remove my ash catcher and clean it? 

You have no idea how pumped I am to hear that I should be able to get my baby working again.