is there anything that competes with the volcano at a much better price?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ToKKin, Jun 27, 2012.

1. #1 ToKKin, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
    im trying to buy a good vaporizer. a friend of mine has a volcano and i love it but not for the price. i was wondering if there is anything similar in quality that is preferably 200 or less. i mean it could certainly cost more but i would feel more comfortable at 200 or less since im a glass guy.

*edit*
    a year or so ago i got an E-Z vape for a hundred that i somehow let a dude at a headshop talk me into getting and i absolutely hated it. i would like it to be MUCH better than an EZ vape and im also not looking for a portable vape either. any help would be great. thanks.

2. Well do you want it to do bags like a volcano or do you just want a good vape?

3. i would prefer a bag set up but im open to all suggestions.

4. Id suggest the extreme q. I love mine. Paid 160 for it. Its not as quick as the volcano at filling the bags and there is no valve but for the price difference i could care less. I like nine because its a good all around vape. Its not the very best but it does everything very well especially for the price

5. i will look into the extreme q for sure. 160 sounds like a nice price especially for me since i will primarily be smoking out of my glass and just want a vape for the side when im in the mood to vape.

6. do you know the difference between the v-tower extreme and extreme q 4.0 are? they are basically the same price and they look the same to me lol.

7. V-tower has no fan. The eq has a fan. Great thing about the eq is it comes with everything to vaporbong also. You will slowly smoke less and less if you get this. I barely hit my bong with smoke anymore, just vapor now.

8. If you absolutely have to get a vape with bags, then you have to either get the Volcano or the Herbalaire. These are really the only ones that have an effective and efficient bag filling and sealing system.

If you're looking in the lower price range, then I would would recommend a handsfree whip vape, like one from Vapor Brothers. You'll get delicious vapor, controlled heat, and a stylish outer shell. If you want to cut the price even more, you can get the regular model, but holding the hot glass whip on with your hand gets old quickly.

9. If your not 100% set on bags then check out DaBuddah and SSV vapes....Da Buddah is under $200, SSV is around $250+....A couple of the big boys when it comes to whip style vapes..

10. Honestly there is absolutely no reason for ANYONE to buy a Volcano ever. It uses more weed than a LOT of much cheaper vapes, the only reason to buy one is all the bells and whistles if you want to show off to your friends.

Best bet for bags would be an Extreme Q, best bet in general IMO is the SSV.

11. I don't support the obvious contradiction in your argument, but I do support your overall idea. I have a digital volcano, and I love it. However, if you usually vape alone, then it's not the vape for you. It's the ultimate social toking tool, and if you're willing to swallow the price (which I happily was), you'll enjoy it. However, the average vaporizer consumer doesn't need this.

I hate hot glass though, which is why I don't like the extreme. I feel that if the bags aren't awesome, you might as well use the superior whip format, which is why I like the Vaporbrothers so much. I think that with the new whip design, it's the most user friendly of all desktop vapes. And it's on sale!

12. My gf and i have hit both a classic cano and my eq. Other than the cano filling bags quicker i find them to be even in performance. I do like the valves very much though wish the eq came like that

13. ok thanks for the responses. it looks like a have quite a few options that im gonna have to look into.

14. i have tried both and i must say.... i am satisfied with my extreme Q. The Volcano is amazing, but the Q's bag system isn't that far behind. a bit slower yes, but vapor quality i think they are similar. i think the Volcano's construction and quality and general sturdiness may give a placebo effect that it produces better vapor, but in reality i think they are similar.

So even though the Q is slower in filling bags, it makes up for it with the whip and also the ability to hook up a bong. With the whip, i have heard of people who literally pass out on it, because they keep on puffing! you can just sit there and keep going an goign, stirring the trench from time to time, and if its not enough, empty it reload and keep puffing. its like unlimited vapor on tap.

15. Vapor bongin is the most intense for me. I turn it right up to 420 so its not far off combustion as far as what you're extracting out of the herb. I find myself light headed and verrrry heavy eyed when i do this

16. ok so ive looked into a few of the suggestions that you guys provided and ive come down to either the EQ or the herbalaire h2.2 because with both ill have the choice to use the bag or whip. has anyone ever hit both of these that can give some information that would sway me in either direction? so far im leaning a little more toward the EQ

17. In that matchup, I would give it to the Herbalaire. I don't like the really hot glass parts that you have to handle with the EQ. I feel like the Herbalaire is more user friendly and the closest to the volcano in bag design quality, which is really the only thing the volcano has going for it.

18. Extreme Q hands down. I just got mine and it was worth every penny

19. Though I haven't tried it yet, you might want to check out the ViVape. It does both direct draw and bags.

20. The Arizer Extreme Q