Is there anything I can do?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dsourman, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Is there anything I can do to boost these babies up before harvest. It is Sour Diesel that I have put threw newbie hell. They are in week 8.5. The nicer greener bigger stuff is my hydro which is at 4 weeks.

Attached Files:

2. looking great man! I wish I had a harvest any time soon... I'm sure there are a lot of products you could add in there! I think aurora synthetic products are pretty rad... have used the PeaK nutrient, it's pretty good finisher

3. a lot of growers swear by molasses. usually used 2 weeks before harvest.

4. PeaK contains molasses. it also has a good phosphoric acid base which is fast acting and helps your plants get that extra weight right before harvest...

5. Thanks for the leads. I have much to learn. It would be great to end my first grow better than it started. Any opinions on when to harvest? Is it and 8-9 week plant or 10-12 week plant. Most of the hairs are turning redish, and with a 60x micoscope I see a little bit of amber and the trichomes are still a bit clear. Any words on this?

Attached Files:

6. Who makes PeaK?

7. Wait until most of your trichs are milky and some amber...or if you want a narcotic high, wait until most of the trichs turn amber.

8. Soul Synthetics Peak. This looks like the stuff. I will def look into using this. I feel I have missed the boat. If I use this product now and flush in a week, will I have past the prime point to harvest?

9. you can use it once then do a three day flush if you want to... did you say you're in a hydroponic system or coco? it makes a difference because you want to start flushing earlier with coco

10. #10 Dsourman, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
    No not coco or hydro. My second grow, also in flower, is dwc.
    I am talking about the babies in soil, Black Gold is what they ended up in after two repottings and two flushes for ph. Black Gold really helped stabilize things till I over fertilized. It is a long story... What do you suggest with this info?

11. In soil add 2 tblsp blackstrap molasses per gal my plants love it

12. I GOT MY BLACKSTRAP! A little over excited about molasses but hey I'm gonna water these babes tonight. It's like waiting to go out on a date.

13. Let us no how things go man

14. Well, before I watered with the molasses and some nutes I poured enough ph balanced h2o and the runoff gave my a surprising reading. The ph of the runoff was 5.1, a little over a week ago I had balanced the soils ph by flushing. The poor babies ph was way to high 6.8-6.9 and they were quickly turning yellow. After the flush with ph balanced h2o she started greening up in a couple of days. I must have run into, what I have seen called nutrient lockup. I don't understand how the soil ended up at 5.1 ph. So, I had to flush again, and that is a skill into itself as well. What is a tried an true method of balancing ph in soil when it is out of whack? [​IMG]

15. Look into organic, I don't even have a ph meter and never have a problem.

16. Dolomite lime put about a tsp per gal of water an wash it in

17. Where you are at is an important factor. The tap water here is over 7.0 can be up in 8.0s. Will organics for soil and hydro take care of ph?

18. I will get me some of the dolomite lime, it is way cheaper than the balancing products they sell. I am all for using tried and true methods rather that just buying what they hand you at the store.

19. U want as fine ground as u can find an i ment 2 say use 1 tsp per gal of dirt not water u could go up 2 a tblsp per gal of dirt an not hurt anything gd luck let us no

20. They look pretty nice with color coming back, the buds seem to have filled up and the crystals are more abundant. Pretty impressive after yesterday's treatment. I checked the trichomes and they are still pretty clear. They have started week 9. Thanks for all the tips.

Has any one has experience with molasses in DWC systems?