is there anything i can do?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ImurderBlunts, Nov 27, 2012.

1. I was walking home yesterday when a cop pulled next to me. He said there was a fire a few blocks down from the direction I was walking and some people saw me apparently. He searched me and found two lighters. He asked why I had them (I had just smoked a few bowls with a friend earlier) I just said I smoke ciggs. So he put me in the back of the car and took me to the fire that was recently put out. I saw the woods were burnt a lot. He then said I fcould just walk home I wasn't under arrest but I might be expecting a court summuns. So I walk out to my car today and he pulls up and tells me I have court for it and now I have no idea how to even defend myself. What can I do?

2. So he got you out of your car an took you to the fire then made you walk home?from what understand you should've questioned him why you would have to go to court.

And also it's not really a big deal you just have to go to court to say you didn't do etc.

3. no I was already walking he pulled up next to me and yea ii was like why would I have to go to court?

4. did you do it? DID YOU DO IT?

5. What evidence do they have, is there an eye witness giving evidence claiming they saw you. To me it seems odd, you werent arrested or charged so what are you going to court for.

6. the cop wasn't Officer Ted Wiggins by any chance was it?

7. [quote name='"ImurderBlunts"']no I was already walking he pulled up next to me and yea ii was like why would I have to go to court?[/quote]
    My bad I didn't see thE walking part.

An what Sid the cop say when you questioned it?also you should've done what another blade said an been like of there's no eyewitness or evidence of me being by the scene or eyewitness then I don't got to go to court or anything!

8. Is this like another one of those "Ask a ????? anything threads"?

Not enough information; sounds fishy.

9. thats complete bullshit. you cant randomly be accused of setting a fire just because some people saw you near the location. there's absolutely no evidence. cop had no reason to search you. you were just going about on your way

10. Hahahahahahaha I was on that thread too

11. Does this story smell like droppings or is it me?

12. Honestly you should be straight, the cop was wrong though, I don't understand why he would randomly accuse you because you walked past a property that caught fire

13. Ya that's what I was thilnking. No one actually saw me light the fire just had multiple people seiing me walk near it and I had a lighter. He daid I'm the only suspect. But I don't think I can get fucked just for that. Hopefully it all goes well in court

14. I wouldn't have gotten in the car, i would have asked him if i could leave and if he was detaining me or not. It's good that you were calm and cooperative, but you also need to know your rights and voice them. "can i leave officer? Or are you detaining me?" is what you should've said, and always have the right to say. I don't see where he had the grounds to have you ordered to go to court or even search you? Maybe someone pointed him in your direction, then he might have probable cause, and you having two lighters didn't help at all, why have two lighters and not just one? You have to go to court, so when you go all you need to do is tell them the real story, that you had went and smoked pot with your friend and had no idea about this fire, just tell them you stopped smoking pot after that and you'll be fine.

15. It sounds like bs indeed but is a real story

16. Was you arrested, taken to a cop shop and charged if not why are you goung to court. Im in the uk maybe things are different.

17. Nope that has to happen here too. If it didn't happen then I wouldn't be concerned. what court summons can you be given if you weren't arrested. This is why i said it is smells of droppings'

18. Bro i have studied law a little i am by no way a pro but i am sure you need to be charged to be up in court. If you aint been charged or arrested i would have that cop done for kidnap.

19. I thought so.