Is there any way to store a clone?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by althor, Jan 2, 2011.

1. My grow space is limited. And while I have been wanting to experiment with clones I just dont know if it is feasible. If I take a cutting right before switching to 12/12 I would need to keep that clone alive for 8 weeks while my originals go through their flowering cycle. Is there any solution for this?

2. I had the same problem.but with a few clones.. i just made a lil dinky grow spot with a shop lights and some fans until my other plants are done flowering.seems to be working out, you can do the same if you got the space, making sure they get enough light..just not in the same room if you got light leak issues.

3. In my admittedly limited experience, I have kept clones small in my kitchen window which is not very sunny for weeks. They did not thrive and grow until I moved them into heavy light.

4. Ok this was of interest to me also since I really don't have the space for an additional mother/clone tent, so after a quick search I found this interesting post on another forum I take no credit except for spreading the info.
    ~spacejerk234 :smoke:

5. I have personally stored rooted clones in a fresh sandwhich baggy, in the fridge for a month.

6. You could also take cuttings after your plants have been in the 12/12 cycle for 3-4 weeks. they will probably take longer to root, but sounds like thats fine for you.

7. Storing clones is not a problem... go on YouTube and type in aeroponics cloning system, do it, embrace the clone and rock it out. That's how you store clones! 40 at a time and under a couple racks of cfls or under a 12 pack of T5s!

:hello: