Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is there any way to make spoon hits smoother?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Railer, Dec 5, 2011.

1. I have a spoon and it's insanely Harsh like nothing else. I'm not a pussy I smoke cigarettes and blunts and other pipes but none were as rough. Could it have been the strain I had? It was lemon haze I think or lemon haze x og Kush medical. In a medical bottle labeled, so I'm positive that's what it was. A very distinct lemon smell and taste, full of trichs. It was really dank but im not sure if that made the hits rough.

2. See if you can find a product that helps you grow bigger balls.

3. Maybe try using hemp wicks or something with a lower burning temp than lighters, that will make hits less harsh. Also, I learned this from somewhere, but put water in your mouth, make sure none goes in your bowl (you'll have to hold your bowl at a downward angle (pack your bud in good so it doesn't fall out! :smoke:)) and inhale. It'll be like a perc and filter the smoke through water, thus taking some of the heat out. :D

4. ....but then there will be bong water in your mouth:eek:

:bolt:

5. Risky, but it works, just throwin it out there...Water Cure. Makes buds Smooth

6. Try inhaling slower and loosely touch your lips to the pipe so that a little fresh air is also inhaled with the smoke, making it less harsh.

7. You spit it out each time because it is so uncomfortable to keep water in your mouth while trying to exhale a hit. So each time you get clean water :smoke:

8. Sounds nasty. OP You got a spoon stick it in the side of a water bottle. Point the stem down, add some silicone to seal.. bam cheap bong.

9. #9 TazzLAzz, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2011
    When i have been smoking a lot and my throat starts to ache i just ghost the hits. Just pull the smoke into your mouth but don't inhale it. Let the smoke float out of your mouth to be cooled by the air. Then suck it back down. Might be a bad idea if you don't know how to ghost hits though.

Don't hit the pipe super hard. Just hit it slowly. You can also take your finger on and off the carb hole. That way you get air after every bit of smoke which should cool down your throat.

Finally just get used to it. I have been smoking for over ten years. And i can smoke literally anything without coughing. And i still have perfect lungs. Its just about practice. I used to cough for hours when i first started smoking.

10. Make use of the carb to control how much smoke and air you are inhaling, getting a lot of hot smoke and no cool air will make it harsh and harder to handle.

11. Hours? :rolleyes:

12. Funny how you have nothing better to do then try to constantly pick apart my posts. You are just making yourself look stupid.

13. If I had a 5 hour session I'd probably have an hours worth of coughing or at least those lingering coughs (you know, the ones that creep up on you as soon as you try to speak:mad:).

I've always coughed, it doesn't really cause any noticeable irritation though, it's just the coughing.

14. I hate the ones that won't let you talk :(
    I'm starting to develop a cough, part of it is smoking, part of it is still getting rid of mucus in my lungs from a sickness (or I may have bronchitis???? :confused:).

15. I'm assuming this is one of your first pieces or first dry pipes. Everyone gets this, but after a while you will get used to it. For now, rather than packing a big bowl, pack a bowl that you can toke in one hit, maybe two, then work your way up. It's not the strain or anything like that, you just aren't used to it. Or maybe you aren't lighting/inhaling right. Inhale super slow (like barely inhale at all) as you're lighting it, then pull hard once the flame goes out. If all else fails, sell your pipe and buy something that can have water in it.

Is it a high quality spoon pipe? If it was cheaper than $10 or so then that was probably it.

16. I used to think spoon pipes were harsh until yesterday. Yesterday I smoked out of a gatorade water bong with a highlighter stem and an aluminum bowl... The aluminum burns the shit out of your throat compared to a spoon

17. this is a true natural perc:smoke:

18. I did this one time when I was stoned as fuck and i somehow got water in my pipe :p

19. My only advice if the smoke is too harsh is inhale air right after your hits or get a new piece, man. I've definitely had some harsh hits, but it's nothing I couldn't handle. Good luck, OP.

20. You could also put your piece in the freezer (but not for too long)