Is there any way to get resin out of bong water?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by rbtrucking4, Dec 14, 2011.

1. I was thinking usually I just change my bong water every couple days but I was thinking maybe there is a way to filter the resin out like run it through a filter. Has anyone ever done this, has it worked?

2. I suppose you could, but you'd still have to do something with the tar(not resin) you filtered out, and really whats the point when you can just refill it with clean water? Not like we need to conserve it here in North America.:smoke:

3. Ya i didnt take the tar into consideration, forgot all about it.

4. Such great lengths to not replace the water lol.

I figured it was to harvest resin for rainy days, I would of suggested those big micron filters for water purifiers.

5. you get a cup and put a sock over it and push it in a bit so it dips in the cup, and then pour the bong water into it and you might have to fill the bong and shake it to get all the res out. then just scrape all the res into a bowl with a spoon and you can let it sit till it drys or microwave it till its not wet. that's how we res our bongs where i live

6. That's disgusting. If you're that desperate, perhaps you need to get your priorities in line.

You should be using clean water for every use.

7. [quote name='"meatballz"']That's disgusting. If you're that desperate, perhaps you need to get your priorities in line.

You should be using clean water for every use.[/quote]

some people like resin man.

8. don't be a bitch, just drink the water.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. #9 Frenchexit, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011

what he said MAN UP! hahaha Ive tried what you want to do, we used coffee filters kinda didnt work all that well. We did let all the resindue dry out(may have used microwave dont remember) But It didnt workout as you would think. Didnt get high and was a real hassel. Just find cans and take them to the scrape yard for bud money. lol

10. yea its def worth it to get the res out. Res definately produces more of a stoned body high, and if its res from good bud, then you'll be soaring. If your crafty enough to get it out of the water then go for it

11. #11 Dylanzs, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
    Small holed Strainer dur what else do you use to separate liquids from solids.

12. THC is not soluble in water so it will not dissolve in water. The resin that has some THC comes from the smoke and vapors condensing on a cooler surface inside the stem ect.

So you could put your bong water thru a coffee filter and you may catch bits of plant matter or resin in the filter that may contain some THC but the water its self no THC to be found dissolved in there.

13. What in the frig, don't drink bong water.
    When it gets dirty, empty it out and pour in new water.

Stop fucking complicating it

14. are you serious?
    It is possible, obviously because they filter out shit and piss water to drinking standards all over the world.
    I took an environment class last year.
    water filtering is cool stuff, but it would be alot of work compare to changing the water lol

15. yo this shit really works..

take the bong water and bring it to a boil.

then add 2 tablespoons of butter or anything with a high fat content.

let that boil on medium for 20 minutes..

BAM!! now you got canna resin tea...

16. [quote name='"meatballz"']That's disgusting. If you're that desperate, perhaps you need to get your priorities in line.

You should be using clean water for every use.[/quote]

Rly? Cul

17. Use a cup and a coffee filter my dude

• Like Like x 1
  18. [​IMG]
    (Image)
    I figured out this way to get resin out of the bong water.
    Materials - Airline freebie sock (unused)(you can alternatively use a cheese cloth), Soda bottle, plastic sheet to spread the resin onto to dry.; and tools - scissors (to cut sock/cheesecloth/similar), paper knife(to cut soda bottle)

Method:
    1. Cut the soda bottles top and bottom off. Keep the top aside.
    2. Cut the sock in half and get most surface area.
    3. Fold sock and place onto the top of cut bottle.
    4. Place the cut top, mouth piece down, onto the cloth.
    5. Place on the kitchen sink, Pour nasty bong water through top, little at a time. Allow to drain.

To separate resin:
    This should be done fast before resin binds to the cloth. I spread a plastic sheet, and tap the resin off the cloth.

How to use: I always hit it in a bong. I feel it's the most efficient way.

Real wet resin - mix with tobacco and hit it in a bong. (I suggest avoiding a resin recycle a second time, it's very weak and not worth it IMHO)

Moderately dry, like a few hours in, it can be hit by itself, with a little herb to plug the bong hole.

This is for dry days. I'm at a place where it's hard to get some dank memes safely.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. .... I note someone disagreed. Well as i just did it and it works you must be wrong but this is so complicated this way ... drain bong into stocking or sock or tissue.... wring out water and dry as much as you can with hair dryer then put into bowl cover with a tissue to stop it flying away and dry more (through tissue) with hairdryer.... takes about 15 mins ... chop with a bit of tobacco and smoke as normal ... you’ll just need 2-3 times as many disagree? How hilarious ! You obviously have no knowledge of it if you disagree.

20. OP is 8 years old..