Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is there any way to field test for mj?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ckimball, Jan 13, 2009.

1. my room-mate and i are having a disagreement about why legalization isn't a reality. I believe that it is because there is no way to field test how high someone is incase a cop pulls you over and your really messed up. He believes that there is some way to test for it but it is to expensive for routine use. please help me resolve this.

2. there is a number of field tests that they will use
    such as having u count in ur head with ur eyes closed to a number and yell stop when you get there....they say marijuana slows down your internal clokc and usually you dont get even close to the number.

Happened to me^
    There is no way they can PROVE it tho unless they take you in (at your will/consent) to the hospital and get a blood test/
    ^Threatened to happen/almost happened to me

Cops are redic. Jus be careful

3. well usually cops would give the person a sobriety test. if they pass then the cop is supposed to let them go

4. #4 De Mon Fa De, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009
    I don't know if they have one, but I don't think they would need one, at least down here in the south.

Are your eyes red? Do they look hazy and half shut? Is your speech slurred or do you exhibit any other form of intoxication?

If the answer to any two of these is yes they can cite you for driving under the influence of sleep deprivation, even if they can't bust you for possession. If it's obvious you're in no shape for driving, you can get unsafe driving, reckless driving, and in some states DWI/DUI. And that's just for being tired.

So I don't think that's what's keeping legalization back. I think the attitudes of the older conservative generations (you know, the ones who actually bother to vote) and the money from the drug industry lobbyists are the biggest reasons it's not nationally legalized/decriminalized.

The fact that the war on drugs earns money for the for-profit-prisons, gives DA's convictions to put on their resumees, and pays both sides attorneys handsomely certainly doesn't hurt either.

After all, if we legalized, we'd have to bail out the sheriff and police departments that had grown fat on siezed property, funding, and war-time-created technologies. Won't somebody pls think of the police!?!?! LOL

5. in some countries in europe they administer saliva swabs roadside

its like a dui they call it drugged driving