Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is there any way to avoid the anti-social/slowness that kicks in after about 30 minutes?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Ploxxies, Jun 9, 2015.

1. #1 Ploxxies, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
    I've been smoking 5-6 times a week since '13, and I've always loved smoking solo or with a friend or my brother, but I hate doing it in groups. The reason being: the first 30 minutes into the high is awesome, everyone's all stimulated, acting silly, and having a good time and whatnot. However, after that, the antisocial part kicks in, and everyone just starts acting slow and stops talking. It's the same when I go to work baked, I have a blast for about 30 minutes, then I'm at the point where I don't feel like greeting people at the host stand or I just start to feel awkward.
    Is there anything I can do to stay social and talkative? Or is the slow, sluggish, cobwebby feeling inevitable when smoking and not vaping?
    Thanks guys

I notice it on both sativa and indica strains. I'm not really new to this lol.

2. Are you more of an introvert?

3. When I'm sober, not at all, however I can be reserved. Getting high usually reverts me back to my depressed/socially awkward days though lmao (two years ago, which is why I started smoking in the first place, however, I was depressed up until last October).
    Do you think copious amounts of water would help keep my brain hydrated and could possibly help?

4. I've been smoking for almost 20 years, that doesn't go away unfortunately.

All I can do, is avoid certain strains or amounts of it.

Musky smelling strains make me social and goofy, while sour skunk smelling strains tend to make me quiet and awkward around non stoners.

5. Have a group session then get your stoned asses to IHOP. You'll talk about how amazing the food is the whole time and it will keep you active during the more sedative phase of the high. Then burn some more ganja for dessert. Rinse and repeat as needed. It's really all about the motivation level. I notice I never get all tired and antisocial if there's a chick of interest in the group.

6. #6 Ploxxies, Jun 9, 2015
    Ahh okay, thanks for the info. I guess I'll just drink a shit ton of Mountain Dew at work today to stay somewhat productive lol.

We just got a new IHOP in my area, I'll have to try that out... I think that sounds like a good plan. My GF doesn't smoke and every time I smoke with my friends and their girls I feel like I'm 3rd wheeling hard, usually get ignored, and then I just go home. I mean the trio/quintet works when I cross with some booze but I don't really have time to get wasted every night lol.

Thanks for the help

7. Staying hydrated definitely helps with a lot of things but i doubt it will make you more social in this case. Alcohol would however.

8. #8 A guy, Jun 9, 2015
    Buy as pure of a sativa strain as you can.  Indicas are more common because they produce more bud in a shorter time and in a shorter space (more profitable) so that is what growers have tended to grow during prohibition.  I've found the difference between indicas and sativas to be quite dramatic in terms of sociability.

You should google around about the differences but in a nutshell sativas are more energetic, laughy, creative while indicas are more likely to cause one to slow down and introspect.

9. "lost in translation" [watches scarlett joh...] end movie;

--This guy's brain during a group conversation--

10. #10 enjoyandlive, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
    maybe cbd kicks in after 30 mins