Is there any true artists left?

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by Str8Faded, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Tired of hearing the same song from a different artist? Do you feel dumbed down yet from listening to kids doped out on xanax and lean trying to comprehend their first grade level lyricism? Do you miss when hip hop had substance, back when they had something to say? You miss artists that stood out and were unique? Well look no further than Sickarius. I know what you guys are thinking, "just another shitty wannabe soundcloud rapper posting his music" but that is not at all the case. A true hip hop head would appreciate it. I'm not saying I'm the best or that I'm the realist. But what I will tell you is this. I started out weak like the rest and I've made some major improvements on my art through hard work and dedication. I'm a non promoted artist but it's time to start taking this game a little more serious. Music is my outlet and I channel my emotions into my music. I got a little something for everybody; bangers, conscious, political/revolutionary, spiritual, dark, etc. my music makes you think and gives different perspectives to life. So if you're a true hip hop head or just looking for a new artist to check out then click below.

Soundcloud.com/sickarius

• Like Like x 1
  2. Is there any true grammar left?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. What are you trying to say? You insisting I don't use proper grammar in my lyrics? Or you just trying to say irrelevant shit to an artist you've never heard before like the rest? Nowadays if you don't have 'clout' you're a joke and that's the problem with the music scene. There's so many dope artists that are slept on and deserve a chance but our closed minded society doesn't allow that to happen.

4. Yet another soundcloud rapper. However you are right as fuck so I'm gonna check you out bro keep chasing your dream and if you make it big buy me a whip

5. Gotta stand out somehow. Post a link and everyone's gonna ignore it and assume it's some wack rapper recording in their parents basement. So I had to give it a little background, actually let people know what they're about to click on. My shits got a true message and shit people can relate to. I write about whats going on in society and so much more but got bangers to catch attention to crowd that listen to only bangers. Music isn't the best quality sound wise but I'll work my way up and have studio equipment soon enough. But remember, I got a wide variety of music cause I'm 'creative' so it really depends on the listeners taste in music. Let me know what you think tho man and thanks for giving it a chance!

6. I applaud you! I don't care for hip-hop but I will give it a shot... Gave the first one a shot and it wasn't for me, but definitely keep doing what you are doing, we need peoples hearts being poured out in song.

So much of popular music today is superficial garbage.

Let me ask, you say there is something for everyone, do you mean the content or the style? In other words, do you have any non-hip-hop works?

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. There are, but they are far and few between.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Thanks man! I don't expect my music to suit everyone's taste but when a listener recognizes the message whether they like it or not shows respect for the artist. I'm not scared to say what's on my mind and I know my lyrics could impact a lot of people's lives.

Well, it's both tbh. My content has a wide variety, everything from inner struggle (not just myself but lots can relate) to some fucked up serial killer (not a serial killer just creative I don't condone to violence) content and everything in between. Haven't really recorded anything in awhile due to laptop crashing so that's a set back. I got some new content brewing up and even the recently uploaded songs are a year old so I've Improved a lot since. so to answer your question about non hip hop, not currently. I listen to a bit of everything but you can definitely hear the rock/metal roots in some of my lyrics. Some tend to be 'darker' than others. I'm not about writing about irrelevant garbage that dumbs down our society.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I tend to listen to progressive rock/metal like Ayreon, Redemption, Dream Theater etc I am probably odd though, I don't pay much attention to lyrics I mostly listen to the music and its movements.

There is definitely room in hip-hop for substance though, keep at it! I hope to see you reach those who need it and have a positive impact on society, and don't sell your soul to big money!

10. I'm familiar with Dream Theater so I can see why you listen for the movement cause they're shit is insane!

I feel that is what's missing in hip hop nowadays. There's some really good artist in the game don't get me wrong but lots are in it for the wrong reasons, they just let the fortune and fame get to their heads. I don't care about money tbh I'm not a materialistic dude. Maybe I'm odd too, but I don't see any value in sports cars, mansions, all that jewelry and fashion, etc when I could of used those millions to help the needy. To me, it just shows they're greedy and makes them feel above cause they got a Lamborghini sitting in their driveway chilling in their $5 million home. I'm good with a basic car and a small home. Who needs all that space anyways? Who needs a sports car? It's not like you gonna drive it much anyways especially at high speeds like its intended for. Crazy that people care more about having to show they matter and they're someone when we got people killing each other just to eat, it's fucked.

Not only do I wanna reach out to people through my music but I also wanna give back to the community. With all the bullshit going on in the world we need changes and to start looking out for each other. Learn to love one another and help those that need it rather than keeping them where they're at. Need to embrace the changes in our lives I wanna show people we all got our internal demons but we can't let them control us. I'm strong willed, filled with knowledge and wisdom and I wanna express that through my music. I wanna be a leader cause our current leaders aren't leaders, they're only leading Us to destruction. I understand the struggles, even if I've never witnessed them on my own. Idk, maybe I'm just too woke lol

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sounds like you are woke...

My friend really wants to make music and I would like to help him write lyrics for the same reason you do.

12. I make chill ish nonthin like the trap music over-saturating the game right now. Peep...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I'm a hip hop artist as well. I write for other artists and help with delivery and song structure too. The game needs new old school sounding artists. The real hip hop is not dead...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Check out SkengM32 on #SoundCloud SkengM32

15. Real artists are dying! Now is of Satan music...