Is there any point saving a burnt place

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Grandsouls, Feb 13, 2019.

1. And no temps humidity etc all perfect.
    I mean humidity is kinda low, so are temps but at the low spectrum of good. Lights appropriately far away etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. From nutrients I thought.
    I believe ( from helps of others ) it wasn’t nute burn at all but nute lock out and drowned

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. That is absolutely the main problem. Do you have a moisture metre? Most hardware stores have an analog version and it's a good visual tool to use

4. Nope.

And the soil was just utter shit.

5. A good soil is key. What's you're current mix?

6. New mix is just regular potting soil and Gaia nutrients and organic compost mix , with perlite in it, then 1/3rd or so or more coco Coir simple, what I used on other girl she is doing well

So question, I know I slaughtered my harvest with her more than in half but can I extend — should I extend her flowering time

7. But the other soil legit shit. Was super clay like sand and some coco lol it was shit. I didn’t have any money I should’ve waited and kept in small pot. Patients is also key. 99% of all growing problems Iv ever had could’ve been solved with patients

• Like Like x 1
  8. Solid advise.

That plant was never burned. Once the roots filled that bucket the medium got too compact with no aeration promoting material in there like coco/perlite. Lack of air to the roots caused buildup/ph issues/lockout and probably lack of NPK.

Deficiencies can mimic burn quite well. Especially potassium deficiency. It looks almost exactly like P&K burn.

One clue to me is all of your leaves are curled down. Many times burned leaves either from temp or from too much p&k will curl up.

This is potassium deficiency.
    How to Fix a Cannabis Potassium Deficiency | Grow Weed Easy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looking better then first pic we talked about! Ig could be lighting but it looks like ur doin something right to bring her back. Good work

10. When lights burn plants leaves tend to curl up, down down and under

11. Very good advice wish I got it earlier
    Very well! I totally thought it was burned. So much that I drowned her

The roots barely filled anything they where weak and only around drainage areas, her new pot is 1/4 the size..

Hopefully I see some recovery

12. Oh well! Maybe a noob like myself will see this forum years down and save his plant :)

13. Also my friend. Go roll a mile long blunt and smoke it and then come back to your plant! It’s gonna take more then 1 day man!!! It’s stressed. U transplanted that alone will slow it down. Give those roots time to recovery. Ur leafs will get worse until then! The plant is focusing on under the soil atm. Keep environment good, water properly and she will bounce back!

14. Obviously :p

However transplanting was needed, otherwise it would’ve just died. Hopefully in a week or so we see some new growth

15. Fabric pots of ample size and lots of perlite will help prevent this in the future along with elevating the plant up off the drain tray with a screen or something.

16. And yes
    “Coughing”
    Lots of weed smokin

17. Ik it was per past Conversations. U just asked if it was worth it and said it’s getting worse! I just pointed it out(tansplanting) saying be patient

• Like Like x 1
  18. It sucks it happened so far in. If u had more growth under all that, if it was me, I’d recovery it then top off all the shit on top that got messed up and let the under stuff grow up. But u have already got it pretty clean on the bottom. I can’t wait to see how the tops flower after this!

• Like Like x 1
  19. it’d be awesome if all them leaves uncurled and opened up

• Like Like x 1