Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is there any point in edibles? I can't get high

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Lightning, Apr 2, 2018.

1. I tried cooking some edibles before ages ago and I couldn't get high one bit. I done them again and still couldn't feel the strong effects everyone keeps going on about. I fully concentrated on what I had to do to make them work according to the instructions and I had no tolerance at all but somehow I might as well take a sugar pill to get high. I looked online and apparently some people can't get high on edibles too because we lack a liver enzyme. I'm debating whether or not I should just buy some edibles from the "onions" but I don't feel like wasting money on practically a biscuit that just tastes like weed when I could have smoked it. Sometimes I think I done it wrong but then again I also have a feeling it probably wouldn't get me high anyways.

2. Edibles are very inconsistent, and sometimes don't contain the amount of thc claimed.
    Before giving up, try some trustworthy ones made yourself.

(1) The fastest, simplest thing is to decarb 1 gram herb (240 F for 40 min), grind it to fine powder, mix into nutella or nut butter, and eat. This should be about 150 mg thc, and if it doesn't get you high, then maybe your liver is to blame. Amount of nutella/nut butter doesn't matter, but use at least 16 grams for each gram herb to sufficiently disperse the herb powder.
    (2) BrassNwood has an excellent method for making a slightly more complicated, coconut oil version of this. A factored down version of it could also be used to test 1 g herb.
    (3) Decarbed herb powder can also be used to bake mini cookies/brownies using any recipe box mix. I recently made 12 from-scratch vegan chocolate cookies using 3 grams herb, so even small amounts can be used, or partial boxes of mix.

All of these things work very well.
    But whole herb does bother some people.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. #3 mook2420, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    What recipe did you follow? Did you decarb? What is your body weight? Do you have a fast metabolism? Did you eat before you tried the edibles and what type were they?

These are the greater details needed.

Thinking edibles won't work on you doesn't make a lick of a difference... Some people do need higher doses than what others can get off on from a low mg chew or small edible.

Sure you may be unaffected but I doubt that more likely you didn't have the right meds at the right dose.

It is more of a quest to find your individual happy place and everyone can be different, it's not as easily confirmed as everyone taking a toke and waiting for immediate effects, as you know.

Hell, some take a solid 3 hours to feel ingested stuff and literally the same capsule could be taken by another person and the combination of the above mentioned variables at the top of my post would make the outcome completely different.

Make your own but follow a good recipe and while it may not be cheap at least going forward you may have a better feel for what will actually bring you some relief.

Edit*
    I also was so certain edibles didn't work on me until I realized I needed a heftier dose and mostly, concentrates, it cuts out so much plant material and you can practically quadruple the potency of whatever I was making.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. I cant get high on edibels.

Ive been making them for Decades ( since 70s ) and all they do to me is give me stomach distress, and a loose stool.

Last time I made some I used 1/4lb of some really good oldtime AK47 x NL5.

I used 1/4lb of BUDS, and made it into 2lbs of butter to cook with. 2oz per lb is/should be some pretty strong stuff. Id say the weed was 22%- 24% anyway.

Other people would eat 1 cookie, and not be able to drive. I can eat 5-6 of them, and get stomach distress.

Ive also taken 5 x 20Mg Marinol, and not even get stomach distress.

For me, edibles are a waste of weed. Especially when I can take 1 great big hit, hold it until I pass out, and be stoned. It makes 0 sense to eat it, and get 0, when I can get a buzz on 1 hit of the same weed.

But I know its good for others, this is just me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I would be interested to see how you react to a super strong alcohol based tincture taken sublingually?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Probably bother my stomach.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 Storm Crow, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    In a study using dogs and humans using a synthetic cannabinoid drug that acts similarly to THC (not an ideal comparison, I know) they found that the greatest levels of the cannabinoid occurred when the subject was fed a fatty meal about 45 minutes to an hour before taking the edible.

(This is a much simplified version of what happens.) Apparently, the stomach goes on a "feeding frenzy" when the fatty meal enters the stomach. As the nutrients hit the blood stream, the stomach starts to calm down. 45 minutes/ an hour later, when you eat your edible, the stomach is "tired out" and the edible slips through the stomach almost untouched. Then the intestines grab the cannabinoids and send them directly to the liver. This provides a high that is slower to come on, but will last longer.

I even have a news article on it-

Science: Oral intake of a cannabinoid together with a meal improved bioavailability by avoiding first-pass metabolism (news - 2009)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Perhaps you should try an edible an hour after a fatty meal, someday!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have eaten the cookies several times after a Steak Dinner, Pizza, spaghetti, with Meat Sauce.. Doesn't get much more fat than that.

I also know fat is needed for absorption, but its also in a base of Butter, which of course, is pure fat.

All my friends get ripped on them. Like I said, 1 cookie, and some people cant drive on the 1s I make, and I ALWAYS use BUDS. NEVER SHAKE, or Leaves. EVER.

Last time I used a 1/4lb of the best buds.