Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is there any health benefits to smoking marijuana?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by downtosesh, Aug 6, 2012.

1. #1 downtosesh, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    I'm having a difficult time finding information specifically about smoking marjiuana. I'm sorry if this is a repetitive question.

EDIT: I meant to put from smoking marijuana, not to.

2. There are too many to count, here's the sticky with all of the articles pertaining to your question.

Courtesy of Storm Crow!

3. I can think of one or two :bongin:

4. where's granny. we need a granny symbol for threads like this

5. Feelin good man:smoke:

6. Thats a pretty comprehensive list - my grandads memory has got significantly worse in the last couple of years - although cannabis isnt typically associated with increased memory (i can testify to that lol) i read a seattle university study into the effects of cannabanoids on degenerative brain conditions (such as dementia and alzeimers) and it concluded that regular cannabis users are up to 60% less likely to experience such diseases. Gunna try and get him on it when my grans not about :)

7. #9 Budbro93, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    For one, an average 10% increase in lung capacity. I get health benefits from not vomiting 5 times a day from nausea, pain, or passing out from nuerocardiogenic syncope just to name a few. Less than a month ago a study was published in some neurology science paper stating that both smoked and vaporized cannabis are safe, and offered reliefe for chronic pain, ms, and a few other conditions. A second paper was published in Germany recently based on 100 trials with cannabis, showing their therapeutic potential and safety, emphasizing no unequivocally attributable deaths to cannabis or cannabinoid consumption alone, ever.

8. I know that, not just marijuana smoke but any types of smoke are harmful for the lungs...but, not just smoke, it's how you smoke it that could cause problems as well...like if you roll a blunt, that's cig paper so you're still exposed to that type of shit...or a small pipe could be harmful for the throat cuz you have direct fire going into it...and sometimes when I smoke a pipe my toung feels like it's on fire...safest is digesting it...my opinion.

9. #11 vapeonomics101, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
    (Referring to vaporization ONLY)

Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
    Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic
    Boiling point:157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ-8-THC)
    Properties: Resembles Δ-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic
    Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Cannabinol CBD
    Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic
    Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
    Cannabinol CBN
    Properties: (Oxidation breakdown product) Sedative, Antibiotic
    Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
    Cannabichromene CBC
    Properties: Anti-inflammatory, Antibiotic, Anti-fungal
    Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit