Is There Any Demand For An Odorless/smokeless Water Pipe?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by nintendo--69, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Hey everyone, I've designed a smokeless water pipe and am wondering if theres any demand for it. I'm not here to convince anyone that my design works, but basically you breathe in the smoke and then blow it right back in. 

Would you buy something like this and what would you pay for a quality product?

2. Show your design.

3. Not before I get a patent. Thats not the point of this thread. I'm trying to decide if I should invest money into this or not (patents aren't cheap)

Would you buy it if something like this existed and worked well and what would you pay?

4. Of course there would he a market. Can't hurt to smoke stealthy. Smoke is still illegal in most states. The success of the product would be determined by how well it works and how well its marketed. If your product works smokers everywhere will want to try this "odorless water pipe". Doubt you will be able to create an odorless pipe though. What about smoke coming from the smoldering bowl?

5. What does it do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. People who want it would probably be 13-17 year olds who are broke and live with there parents.  Sounds like a cool idea but seems like it would run more then the average bong, also I don't understand how it would work.  Also smoke buddies are what $15, seems like it would be difficult to compete with.

Thats the part most people think it cannot be done.

But can everyone throw out questioning if it can be done and just let me know what you would pay if it worked exactly how you would expect it to work... no odor from start to finish.

8. ^Really depends on size, percs, and overall design.  I say $100 but if its going to be a shitty 6 inch china bong, no thankyou.  We need more details.

9. Around 12 inch tall, modern design, good quality glass. 

10. I would not buy it for 2 reasons:

1. I love the smell of weed

2. You said that you "blow it back in". Back into what? The bong? WTF?

11. If you had something that didn't smell at all of course there would be a market, and I don't think it would just be kids living in their parents home. I personally prefer not to have the house smell like weed 1) because it's not legal and 2) because it is simply a strong odour, and I don't want any strong odour lingering in my house regardless of what it is.

In terms of price the quality of glass would be a huge factor. I feel like it would be no different than any other glass pipe and the things that effect the cost of your average glass pipe would effect the cost of the creation you have. I could see yours having a higher base price than other glass pipes though, maybe around 200 USD?

12. Thanks for the answer man. I feel that 200 would be a reasonable price but Im really going to try to keep it under 200.

13. Did you not read what I said? People are always going to want to be able to smoke with stealth. Beyond that, it's the quality of the stealth you are offering for price. Size will also be a factor. No point in having a big piece that is odorless

14. @[member="BagSeedOp13"] I was talking about the poster that said only 13-17 year old kids would want it. 

15. I would draw the line at about 80-150 dollars. I just open the window and turn a fan on after smoking if i want to get rid of the smell.So i dont really need it,but if its a good piece i would buy it anyway,just for the goof,you know?

16. if its a good looking tube, with decent diffusion youll have a market. if it looks cheap, takes to much effort to use properly, or doesnt hit as well as a normal bong youll be SOL. while some adult smokers prefer their house not to smell like ganj, a lot give no fucks. No soft glass, no rubber grommets, basically if you want it to sell to the scientific or heady glass communities it should be all glass on glass. plastic, metal, cheap funky colored glass, all those things will turn people that appreciate the look of piece as much as a functionally away in droves. 

just my 2 cents on the subject

17. I would not want to smoke out of something that I blow back into.
    Sounds like something that after a little use would become moly and smell bad, especially since the humidity would store itself in the resin and then taste like humid resin, not too appatizing for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I think there's a potential market for a quality product. However, I also think that anyone who needs to be stealthy about their smoking has already been turned on to the smokebuddy or similar products.

It all depends on how well it works and what it costs I guess. Personally I'd rather spend $25 on a smoke buddy and the rest on weed.