Is there an absolute truth?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AresKenux, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Is there an absolute truth? What is your concept of it? How does it apply to life? Does it work?

2. 11:15, restate my assumptions:
    1. Mathematics is the language of nature.
    2. Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
    3. If you graph these numbers, patterns emerge. Therefore: There are patterns everywhere in nature.

If you havent seen the movie Pi, go rent it. Its by the same guy who did requiem for a dream. It reflects my beliefs on this pretty well. Im a believer in evolution because we see changes all the time. Nothing ever stays the same. Things branch out and new things are formed. So where do all the branches originate from? I believe there was at least 2 elements in the very beginning. Those two elements reacted and created more and more and eventually leading to what we now know. Its like a baby being created. It starts out as a single cell that multiplies, creating various forms of tissue and bone that work in harmony to create a living being.

There has to be something behind it all. Some truth that is hidden from us. You might even call it the true name of God. Thats what Pi is kinda about. There is a 216 digit number that is the answer to everything and can reveal the true name of God.

Its said that if you knew Gods true name, then you have power over him. If you had knowledge of this Truth, you have power over reality as we know it.

3. my truth absolute is

believe you will conscious forever and you will be
    and love

4. Nice, I like the concept.

5. Heres the rest of the quote I provided in the beginning

1. Mathematics is the language of nature.
    2. Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
    3. If you graph these numbers, patterns emerge. Therefore: There are patterns everywhere in nature. Evidence: The cycling of disease epidemics;the wax and wane of caribou populations; sun spot cycles; the rise and fall of the Nile. So, what about the stock market? The universe of numbers that represents the global economy. Millions of hands at work, billions of minds. A vast network, screaming with life. An organism. A natural organism. My hypothesis: Within the stock market, there is a pattern as well... Right in front of me... hiding behind the numbers. Always has been.

6. Yes and its called love :love:

7. How do you people think numbers are the language of nature.
    Numbers are created by man.

We are lucky to exist. Thats a gift from God.

The truth is weed makes life easier. So get high, try to do good, and stray away from the bad.

Marijuana is a plant of reknown, accord to Ezekiel 34:29

"I will raise up for them a Plant of Renown, and they shall no more be consumed with hunger [for truth] in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen.

So.Marijuana has the potential for you to see the truth. Get high, get to be one with the Lord and He will guide you as He guides me.

This is the truth

8. Absolute truth

YOU WILL DIE SOMEDAY

9. By the way to me its known that God's name is I am.

10. ding ding ding

11. This is one of those occasions where somebody has worded their post in a particular manner that has really resonated with me. The question is though, is the knowledge of this truth beyond the abilities of human beings? If it is beyond us and forever unattainable, aren't all pursuits of it in vain? We would just be 'chasing the dragon,' an illusion forever beyond our comprehension.

Or is it that the only absolute truth is that there is no absolute truth?

12. "There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting."

13. "Listen to yourself, you're connecting a computer bug I had with a computer bug that you might have had and some religious hogwash. You want to find the number 216 in the world, you will find it everywhere. 216 steps from the street corner to your doorstep. 216 seconds spent riding in the elevator. When your mind becomes obsessed with anything you will filter everything else out and find that thing everywhere. You've chosen 216 and you will find it everywhere in nature. But Max, as soon as you disregard scientific rigor, you're no a longer a mathematician, you're a numerologist." - Sal :p

That movie is a good one.

14. #14 AresKenux, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
    Replace numbers with newly created abstract symbols, then it makes more sense, and I bet you we won't have the time in our life time, to list every single, diverse symbol. Each symbol represents a single thing that exists, it could also be variables. Put these symbols in a equation just like with numbers, and you got yourself some more understandable, precise, equations. This is some matrix shit. "Your mind is connected to the matrix, you can dream and turn it into reality with just a thought." Some crazy shit. Is that way, the way Neo became "The One" because he understood crazy ass equations and shit?

It's like each and every single thing, has its own individual unique symbol, and the equations would be music. So life is music. And the whole Universe is making its own song, just by existing. It's also like poetry, with shorthand reality, where every equation gives the text a new piece of a story. Or it can be like art, the person in control, can manipulate things anyway he wants. Hah, some crazy shit. Your soul has to be similar to the frequency that functions behind the universe, the reason why everything is one, though everything is divided, it is united just by that frequency, or wavelength or whatever, that stretches out through the universe.

15. Truth be told, I think I ran into the 216 digit number when I was fucked up, then I lost it, lol. It was like I knew exactly what the truth was, but it was indefinable. That's why I say, life just is, accept it, and enjoy it.

16. I must preface this by saying that I mean no disrespect towards your particular beliefs with regards to the search for "absolute" truth, but realistically, religion itself was a concept made by man, as is the concept of a singular entity that created the Earth and Man. Therefore, I would have to question the same validity towards your concepts as you have the concepts of math.

Numbers were created by man, but they are merely a way to organize the chaos of the universe and the patterns that emerged from it.

17. 2. Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.

Getting high doesnt show you the truth. It may help you pursue the truth but it is not truth itself.

Also I want a source that shows that the 'Plant of Renown' is cannabis

18. If I may, for a moment throw in my two cents it'd be appreciated.

I don't know all this jazz about numbers or gifts from God and whatnot. I do know however that there is absolutely no way to determine right from wrong. There's a pretty infinite universe out there, so there really is no way to determine what is acceptable in society.

I mean there could be, and based on the assumption that there are infinite possibilities then there is in fact some civilization out somewhere whose beliefs, customs, and perceptions of reality are quite literally the exact opposite of ours. The result? Total destruction.

Okay so maybe it's not quite so dramatic but what I feel in life is really that in the end you should do whatever the fuck you want to because in the end, (dear god not a linkin park reference) it doesn't even matter.

19. #19 GDI, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2010
    You people are fools!

Numbers dont mean anything. What did they have before numbers. They had I'll give you this much for that much.

No numbers. Fucking retarded ass people like the lot of you thought they were going to be the smartest people alive and made up some bullshit that everyone started to believe.

Give me the equation for life.

Now give me the equation for death.

There is no such thing! Life doesnt have x values and y values.

You all use these bullshit variables and what not. No thats not logical. Life isnt full of variables and numbers, its full of choices.

As a person you act on your choices. And if you want to take bullshit quotes off the internet and try to back them up with your faultered logic you are going to think that numbers mean everything. But numbers were created by man. Man is so obsessed with itself it tried to write its own creation in numbers.

Fuck Al Sharpton and anyone like him.

Dont think im saying math is wrong.

Obviously 2+2=4

But shit like this? [​IMG]

Really? the human race has given these values seperate values. In order to make the equation make sense. Thats why there is more than one way to solve a math problem. Because none of them are really the correct answer.

Take life as a math problem.

The creator of the problem is the only one who knows the answer because only the creator knows what to solve for. All the theories and shit you believe, they don't mean much.

[Disrespect and name calling does not fly here. -FW]

20. I'm not saying it is the truth, but that it betters you to see the truth.

The Burning Bush, was weed burning as a sign, which abled him to speak to God.

The Burning Bush was on Mount Horeb. Mount Horeb is infamous for the amount of weed it produces.

Seriously