Is there a way to..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jar3d94, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Anyway to make my buds more colorful? Like purp or blueish if its good bud and genetics? I've heard before that reducing the temp slightly before harvest (Maybe a week most) can have a slight impact on this? Thank you

2. There are strains and phenos that will turn purple but require lower nighttime temps. I have also heard of people adding ice water and food coloring to their water. 

I think it is a horrible idea, if you want colorful bud, get a strain that is colorful.

3. Yes , I agree with the Ice water and food dye being absolutely stupid and ridiculous ideas. The seeds I am germinating now are good strains. (One auto and one Pheno both ordered from Attitude seeds.) I was just curious about the Temperature thing and wanted to get others opinions on this. Thanks

4. Grow healthy plants and generally most strains of cannabis is very beautiful on its own. Healthy, vibrant plants will bring out the best in any buds - good luck!

J

5. I was just wondering this same thing. I will be growing granddaddy purp soon, and every bag of it I've ever got was barely purple but some pics online of other grows were hella purple and that's what I want. I guess the only way is to bring the temps down at night. That's all I could find anyways.

6. Sometimes purple leaves dry up looking dark green.

Temp wise Im growing a strain right now on week 7 and she started turning purple. My daytime temp sits around 70-73 vice versa nighttime I keep it pretty cool sitting around 60-63 and it has shown an increase in color production with dark green buds and red-purple leaves.
    I'm all for the purple :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app