Is there a way to hide notices?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Sunn, Apr 22, 2011.

1. For example, the one that's up right now about the 420 sale. I like the way the notices are set up and its a nice way to let us know about important stuff, but i really don't have any reason to see it more than once. But the main reason i'm asking is because a lot of times when i'm browsing this forum it would be bad if somebody saw a bunch of bongs and such on top of the screen and it's kind of hard to hide that huge banner on every single page.

2. I used adblock plus for firefox to block that image.

3. bump to this because it's becoming annoying. It's nice to know you are giving deals out but there should be an option to close it once you've seen it. A simple "x" or even one of the arrows that allows you to collapse it down would be fine. I mainly come here for the forums and with some threads being long adding more scrolling to the page is starting to make me not want to visit.

4. as has been said, you can use adblock plus for firefox to hide the image. if you have google chrome the extension is just called adblock

if you have internet explorer, well, get a better browser :p

5. I'm sorry here I thought this section was for website feedback. I'm not going to install an addon just to block 1 picture on 1 website. How about the website admin actually does their job and add in the whopping 3 lines of code to fix it for everyone.

6. Hmm...I guess it depends on perspective. Probably your definition of "their job" doesn't quite line up with theirs. Sorry you're annoyed about the ads, let's see what they've said before when it's been brought up:

http://forum.grasscity.com/general-feedback/709954-notices-being-able-hide.html#post9030193