Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is there a treatment for depersonalization and derealization?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Caleb_Nash, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Long story short, I smoked a bunch.. Had a panic attack and now weeks later I still feel fake and disconnected.. (Depersonalization) I feel like I am living in a dream. It's not really that bad.. I have kinda gotten used to it, but it is very annoying and irritating at most times.. Has anybody had a similar thing? What can you do to make it go away? I was thinking hypnotherapy but I'm not even sure if that still exists :p

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I've had similar experiences, and I somewhat enjoy it. It puts me in an altered state where I can really think and change things for the better.

3. Depersonalization is typically a sign of conversion disorder which is linked to stress.

I guess psychology 101 wasn't useless lol

4. Maybe weed has helped you identify a fake life that we're all forced to live in? I know it has for me

5. Dude this same exact thing happened to me a while ago. It just kind of went away after a while.

6. Pack another bowl asap.

7. don't smoke for  a couple weeks, it might help, I'm pretty sure i have something similar to this, and not being high all the time definitely helps me.

8. Depersonalization can be serious.  It can lead to a dissociative fugue state which is dangerous.

Do you have health insurance or any access to mental healthcare?  I'd recommend talking to a counselor/psychologist about this.

9. Go bungee jumping or a activity that will get your blood pumping

Skydiving should put some pep in your step

10. that's not true, dissociative fugue is a psychotic disorder, depersonalization is a psychophysiological disorder.

11. Celexa made me feel like a zombie, but the depersonalization never went away when I stopped taking it. Some deep meditation eventually brought me out of it. I'd suggest not smoking until you feel like yourself again, for me weed just exacerbated it. That's all I got. If you don't believe meditating would help, take StickyPipes' advice, do something crazy and you might just get shocked out of it.

12. I used to have that. I was always tired and groggy and I wondered if life was real. It took some time but I feel pretty much normal again. Although since I almost died a couple weeks ago after cracking my head open, I now have a reason that I would be dead which gives a reason to have dpdr. I don't really think about that though. Fuck that shit.

13. Well it seems like the obvious thing to do here is to stop smoking for a while. Clearly you can't handle being constantly high. Work out, go outside, go meet some people and put yourself in some really awkward situations, and solve some problems, not just your problems. You'll come back around. Try hanging around some new people, you might just be feeling "stale"

I had something similar, but it was a 4 day long robotrip. I didn't think I was a human.

14. Take control of your mind man. It takes a certain mental strength to control insanity. Gotta learn how to trick your own mind into becoming sane again. I've just accepted my insanity. Makes everything easier. Either accept it or trick it, when you fight it, it fights back.

15. I just kept smoking when that happened to me lol. So long as you can control yourself a little DP/DR is kinda fun thing to experience lol. Kind of unsettling to start but it gets better. I'm sure weed doesn't exactly help...but I saw it as a challenge :p

Or you could just stop smoking for a few weeks.

16. I get it when I get really drunk sometimes, I just don't think about it and after a few days or weeks it goes away on its own

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app