Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Obesity Is there a strain that helps?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by CapnSparklePants, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Hello all. While I’ve been losing weight slowly since January, and I’m alresdy 50 pounds down, I still struggle with being overweight. I have since I was about 11. Is there a stran that could possibly help?

• Funny Funny x 1

2. There is no magical strain that helps you lose weight..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Gee, wouldn't that be nice, though?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Obviously, I didn’t mean it like a magical thing. I know that smoking affects the metabolism, which could over all effect the way our body processes things.

5. I have noticed sativas do not stimulate hunger like other strains but thats just me

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I have experience only with two strains which i grew myself, but i would say that dosage is very important too.
    When i've just spiced my joint (less than ten percent weed) i became smarter, means more exercise, no junk food, on the other side if i take too much from the same medicine, than the most exercise well be to open the door when the pizza is delivered.

Maybe look into "on meal a day" too, its really interesting.

7. Congrats on losing 50lbs!

Too bad pot smoking doesn't help that situation.

My only recourse is to eat Low Carb (Keto) and to limit myself to keto munchies. That at least stabilizes my weight.

8. Just curious, what do you mean by spicing your joint? Less than 10% weed?
    What is the other 90%?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. i mix my bud ill get my sativas and add some good indica or hybrids and mix and match as often as i can
    ive seen remedies and medicines used in this nature to benefit and aid either in
    A) enrichment and fulfillment of time utilized being too stoned to concern myself with such ridiculous things as sustenance choosing rather to enrich and fulfill my time to the best possible outcome of any possible scenario for myself
    or
    B) imbibe THC in its most pertinent manner for your specific necessity and eat as healthy as possible get as much rest as possible

10. Tobacco

11. And Hopefully Profit

12. So you're putting a carcinogen in what is an otherwise safe herb?
    Cancer is no way to control weight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. I don't think tobacco would be a mas murderer.
    Cancer helps to loose weight in an extreme way although.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I’ve been smoking Big bud auto- no munchies,
    Lemon og- no munchies, I’ve lost 12 lbs
    Bubblegum auto- instant munchies
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

15. I know recently we get a lot of ninja fruit, which is amazing. But it makes me feel lazy. That’s the only part I don’t like about it. I don’t like the lazy feeling. I don’t like how hungry it makes me.

Also, I don’t smoke or use tobacco products so that’ll never happen. Lol

I’ve had the lemon OG living downstage, never had the bubblegum though.

16. What rock have you been living under?
    World wide, tobacco kills 7 million people a year. If that's not mass murder I dont know what would be.
    Tobacco

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. fuk me i wish i could find a strain either indica or sativa to help me loose a few lbs in weight ,,any type of weed gives me chronic munchies ,,lol...mac,,

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. As much as I smoke, I would be thin as a rail if it worked this way:roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. I'd be anorexic if weed made you lose weight lmao

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Technically it does make me lose weight because I get the munchies & eat then eventually will need a shit.. & that's weight :lmafoe::lmafoe:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1