Is there a simpler way?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by musicmad420, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Okay, so I've been researching for a short while and from what I've read one must mix nutrients into the reservoir of the hydroponics system in order for plants to grow.

But the thing is I've only ever been able to read guides on how to grow super potent, hella-great bud.

I'm really not interested in growing the dopest dope ever smoked but maybe just some good bud that'll get me high when I feel like it.

Can I grow without nutrients?

2. Can you live without food?

The answer is no.

Don't look for shortcuts. There are very few in this hobby, and most of them effect the end product negatively in some way or another.

Good luck.

3. Lol word

4. Absolutely not. :) IF you try to grow without nutrients your plants will certainly die. Probably before they even display sex. If you're that unmotivated to do what it takes, then I'd recommend getting cheap potting soil, starting plants from seed under just one or two blue CFL, and moving them outside somewhere. Too bad it's wintertime now... In which case, you'll need all that "bothersome" equipment, and yes, Nutrients.

5. Hey, thanks, guys. :)

I was just thinking maybe they wouldn't need nutrients because I've seen plenty of other plants that just grow right out of the pot and all you do is water em. (flowers, cacti, houseplants and such)

But now I know.

BTW it's not that I'm unmotivated I just wanted to know if the nutrients are absolutely necessary.

And I don't know why, but I feel like a big dumbass for asking the a fore proposed question.

6. A little reading and you wouldn't have had to ask but thank you for the giggle. MJ plants like most are easy to grow nd do not need much. But if you want bud then that all changes.

7. not much to add to this one...I seriously doubt your going to find a grow journal for sub par bud...read up and invest in your setup and it will pay for itself in no time. If your going to do something...do it right.

Good luck

8. i grew my first plant to fuckin full buds on cfls with just water and some vitamin c during the vegetable stage to bring down the ph of my water.

9. and Im sure you had a huge harvest too huh....? Do you still grow that way?

10. +Rep for making me smile for the first time in a couple of depressed days. Bwahahahaha