Is there a reason israel should legalize marijuana even though it has biggest medical marijuana user

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by GreenLeafDevourer, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Also it has largest medical marijuana research facilities running throughout the country.

I'm all for it. Even though , what is the chance? Recently I saw that Supreme Court Of Justice approved many documents written by Green Leaf (In hebrew it's 'Ale Yarok') and last time they announced that answer may be delivered in April 2020.

I also have read that chances of aborting incrimination of self use of marijuana are very high, Rendering incrimination of personal use (Including growing at home for personal use) unenforceable.

• Like Like x 1
  2. There's no reason it should be illegal in the first place, that should be reason enough to legalize.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. +Upvote

• Like Like x 1
  4. I vote for it to be legal for whomever as long as ur of age.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I agree with Cactus Ed. It should be legal, period. But what's the general public attitude toward cannabis in Israel? For example, when I lived in Iran there was a really illogical attitude towards it. At that time (1970's), hashish was acceptable (about as acceptable as drinking 2 liter malt liquor out of a bottle wrapped in a paper bag in front of a 7-11), and marijuana was absolutely, totally, without exception and without logic, absolutely unacceptable! I don't remember what the reason was for such a strange dislocated dichotomy, but opium was more acceptable than alcohol or hashish, hashish was far more acceptable than alcohol (Islam), but the three most widely accepted drugs were coffee, tea and tobacco.

I point out how it was in Iran to illustrate how much attitudes toward different intoxicants change depending on where you are in the world. But it begs the original question: What's it like in Israel?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. age has zero to do with it... in fact Israel has been treating kids, babies ( very very small people) with cannabis for a long while now... first Israel cannabis dispensary had like 40% pediatrics as the client base after just two weeks opened... look it up

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. One reason could be that the Israeli Government probably doesnt want their people supporting foreign Hash farmers and do not want to risk border security any more than they have too with everything going on. If they fully legalize it, the money stays in their economy, and less likely that hash farmers will try to smuggle it accross the border assuming the value drops. Their neighbors to the north are known for their Hash exports, they also are at war with each-other from time to time, so especially now it makes sense. Increase border security, make more money, keep the people happy.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Maybe Israel should tear down the apartheid wall on the Gaza Strip, stop committing genocide and stealing Palestinian resources to create for profit industries on occupied lands before before giving its own citizens more freedoms

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. No adult should be able to tell another adult what they can or cannot consume. Especially up to the point of imprisonment

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. In our wildest dreams, that will never happen. I've witnessed first hand what Israel is capable of and what they are willing to do to achieve their agenda. Sad, but it's the world we live in. "Only the dead have seen the end of war".

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. Israel does more Cannabis research then other country in the world .. Go figure ...

• Like Like x 1
  12. So fucking sad how a culture allegedly affected so terribly by genocide is now using that genocide as a carte Blanche to perpetuate genocide themselves. At the end of the day the Rothschild family is financially responsible for creating the Zionist state of Israel, they also funded hitler and have funded both sides of every war for almost all of recently recorded history and they continue to bank roll genocide.
    To see Israel as a force of good in the world is ass backwards and ignorant. But it’s the version of reality we are spoon fed in the profit hungry war profiteering built social structure and corporate propaganda machine which uses the media to manufacture public consent to war industry.

But those Israeli’s are light years ahead of us on cannabis research, they are the ones who discovered the two separate endocannabinoid systems in our body.

13. my family is from Haifa, Palestine.....which is now Haifa, Israel. My family is christian Palestinian, no one gave a flying fuck about them. Its a sad reality. I was in Beirut during the 2006 war and that was a total shit show. I do remember my grandparents telling me how back in the day the Muslims, Jews, and Christians all lived together and they were at peace. I would love to see a two-state solution as was once promised, and once was, but thats not gonna happen. Ill keep smoking lol!

14. Do you still have family there? What is it like to live as a Palestinian in occupied land? I couldn’t even imagine