Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is there a point in owning a grinder if you never smoke joints?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mtbandmetal, May 19, 2009.

1. just wondering if there's any point in getting one.

2. I grind my weed and pack it into the bong/bowl?

3. never know when you're gonna wanna roll up a blunt or something.
    i think it'd be handy. i myself dont have one, but i know on days where im outside, i wish i had a joint rather then a piece.
    joint=less conspicuous :)

4. Same... I thought most people do. I've only known a few that didn't.

5. Yah, which is why I threw in the question mark. OP made it sound like that doesn't happen, lol.

6. I grind my weed for bowls. More consistent burn and easier to stir.

7. I always run my weed through the grinder. Doesnt matter what I'm going to smoke out of. I like to collect the kief, and the bowls burn/smoke way better in my opinon when they are ground.

8. I love to grind my bud up and collect the kief. I smoke out of pipes/bongs so its all good. Just makes it easier to spark up without torching the bowl.

9. Kief and you can take it anywhere!

10. Absolutely! A more consistent grind does not only mean better joints, it also means better burning bowls. You can control the consistency of the burn much better this way.

11. I always do for my bowls. I dont usually smoke J's but I grind my weed for bowls anyways.
    I love my kief!

12. Seriously, a grinder is probably a serious smokers best invest. Easily in the top 5.

13. Yea there is..... If anything the grinder was made for bowls.

14. Dude you got to own a grinder make the weed nice and easy to blaze in a bowl.Plus you never know when you might want to smoke a J down the line.

15. One word:keif!
    Other then the fact that you can collect a lot of keif with a quality grinder, it helps greatly to spread the grinder weed over a larger surface area, which in turn helps it burn better and saves you some weed.

16. I don't roll either and I grind all of my weed.
    It lasts longer.

17. I smoke mostly bong and My friends and I love to grind it up really fine like beyond what a grinder can do. Of course for this sort of thing you might need a screen. I don't think I've met any smokers in person who don't grind their stuff up

18. Yeah man I find if i grind up weed for a bowl, it burns way more evenly and cherries better. Seems to last way longer too.

19. This and, it saves you a lot of time.

20. It fluffs the weed up instead of compressing it when you break it apart. I also love my grinder for the kief. So nice when I run out of bud and can smoke some straight kief, that'll leave me feeling good :)