Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is there a place where i can find corporate drug test policies?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by happyschmoker, Apr 11, 2008.

1. I don't know if this is public information or if you have to be an employee before you can find out.

2. I'm pretty sure different companies will have different policies, however there was recently a case where an employee was fired due to his medical marijuana usage. He took his employer to court however the Supreme KKKourt ruled that the employer was just in his reasoning for firing the mmj patient. Some companies may be more compassionate while some are probably still stuck in ignorance. I'm sure the company will give you their policy if you ask.

3. Cali is on the right track, generally speaking it should be spelled out in your companies policy handbook. It goes without saying that its better to ask for a copy of the employee handbook (all employees should get a copy upon hiring) rather then asking what the drug policy is.

The Feds make no allowances for MM as some states do so it depends on whether the company wants to follow state or fed precedent on MM use.

4. In my experience, with every application they have those agreement questions where you have to agree to take a drug test, and release your information for a background check etc...the giving up of your rights law ...questions. I've always seen them spell out exactly what drug tests they can do/are willing to spend the money on to hire someone.

I.E.

-Are you willing to take a drug test upon hiring? (Urine analysis, gum swab, hair follicle test)

Otherwise im sure its within our right as a possible future employee to know exactly what their policy is but asking about it specifically isnt exactly keeping things on the down low....