Is there a need to create a need that doesnt need to exist?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by hurb1, Jan 15, 2012.

1. #1 hurb1, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
    In other words, is there a need to impose existence by way of procreation onto innocent sentient beings inside of a universe devoid of any objective function at the cost of great amounts of suffering?

Things to consider:
    -Many peoples instincts tell them to cannibalize, consume, and reproduce for the sake of more of the same.
    -Humans are need machines.
    -Free will is an illusion
    -Pleasure is a temporary cessation of discomfort, and desire.
    - I do not use drugs

2. This is definately why I support the growth of microscopic life and foliage.

3. Im sorry to inform you but that is not an answer, or even relevant to the topic.

4. The only need I see in existence is experience. You just gotta take the good with the bad and realize existence doesn't expect anything other than to experience the moment. You can even try to understand the moment, but you never truly will. It just happens.

5. Sorry but I'm new and I have no idea how to post a question like this?

6. #6 hurb1, Jan 15, 2012
    Human experience does not need to exist. ;)
    Experience is not a function, or accomplishment anywhere near good enough to justify all of the suffering of humans and animals for *Edit* billions of years. Today that big giant heap of suffering ( and pleasure) have done, and purchased nothing. This is why i ask the question.

7. But I created microscopic life because it needed to exist.

8. Your searching for justification. Existence doesn't justify actions. It just does. Your questioning things that can only be answered by the human psyche. Nature doesn't justify itself. It simply provides.

9. All the suffering of humans and animals for the past 6 billion years?

You mean to say humans have existed for 33% longer than the earth?

No wonder you assert insane things like cannibalism is a natural instinct.

10. And you still dont make sense bro. LOL Or atleast i cant make sense of the first half of what you just said. Im analyzing existence and saying what is the point of creating victims to put into this situation that ensures suffering and death? What other reasons besides self gratification or accident is there for having children?

Children dont get a chance to sign a disclaimer saying they agree to being put in this situation. . Procreation is a gamble with someone elses welfare. So what gives someone the right to impose this onto the innocent without a single GOOD reason?

Do we really need more kids with leukemia or another million skeletal children starving to death in Africa being eaten alive by vultures? Do we need more retarted kids with down syndrome who live a real shitty life and die virgins and crap? Why do we need that and would you agree to live those lives? I wouldnt. People are born into horrific circumstances and i see zero justification for it, or any of the best of the best that human life has to offer.

11. [quote name='"DirtySix"']

All the suffering of humans and animals for the past 6 billion years?

You mean to say humans have existed for 33% longer than the earth?

No wonder you assert insane things like cannibalism is a natural instinct.[/quote]

POW!!
    To OP: Find your own reason, there is no answer.

12. Why are you still alive if you think people shouldn't do things they love and enjoy?

Latent parental resentment?

Who said we needed those things? What a belligerently confused idea you're pushing.

13. #13 hurb1, Jan 15, 2012
    Weather it be 1 million years or 1 minute, either way its more suffering than is proving to be necessary.I appreciate you pointing out that error in what i was trying to express. But why not discuss the issue now? lol

14. The earth hasn't been around for 6 billion years.

15. Why are you even in the philosophy section if the solution to the problem of existence is just to wank yourself off?

16. Oops. I was thinking of the world population, which is now 7 billion anyway. Regardless this doesnt change the big question as to why? So lets not let this get us off track. Like the other guy with the "wham" "pow" like he has refuted my argument simply because of an error in statistics which have nothing to do with the core issue.

17. I already stated the idea you're pushing is confused. You ask why we have a need to push suffering or a need to suffer.

There is no need. It just is.

18. Life isn't just about suffering and death though. Your choosing to justify your resentment toward nature by attaching yourself to natures imperfections. It hasn't evolved perfectly.. nothings perfect. But I love it and the life its given me all the same.

Yes, I feel for the people that are born into misfortune, and I see it as a tragic miscalculation on natures part, but I don't really see the point in ruining your opportunity of life/happiness by attaching to natures imperfections. If you feel that strongly about it, you should fight for cures to these tragedies, not let them turn you into one. Nature's actually a rather beautiful cycle in the grander picture, even though it doesn't always seem that way. The thing about humans that's really cool is we can change things. It just takes effort and knowledge.

19. #19 hurb1, Jan 15, 2012
    fsdhgsdfhsdh

20. Your still attaching to natures imperfections.. I'd take the risk of procreation because I think life is a beautiful experience that I'd like to pass on. If nature messes up my child, I'd feel bad and try to make the best life possible for the child, but defects in genetics aren't as sure of a thing as you try to make them out to be. The beautiful thing about humans is we're constantly working for cures to try to "perfect" the imperfections.