Is there a natural way to kill fungus nat larvae

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by BeZtoken, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Chunk & MI W - do either of you remember the advice way back when on getting rid of body lice? You know - the one that uses lighter fluid, a razor and an ice pick?

That might be an interesting approach for garden insects perhaps?

LD

2. I've used a razor blade and a six pack to cut out corns on my feet. So I could see stabbing the little fuks, maybe put on the Freddie Kruger mask and go to town on they ass....

3. Heres what you do: take the razor and you want to shave one side only from the navel to the anus - leaving 2 sections vertically. One with pubic hair intact and the other that has been shaved clean.

Next up is the lighter fluid and on this one you want to go with the best - stay out of Walmart or Target. Now lighter fluid in and of itself will cause the body lice to leave the infected area but like my cooking guru, Emeril, likes to say 'We gonna kick it up a notch!"

You kick it up a notch by soaking your pubic hair with the lighter fluid, hit it with a Zippo lighter and as they run out of the 'bush' you begin to stab as many as possible.

Confirmed kills in a target rich environment.

LD

4. Hey, wait a dog goned minute.....

5. You guys are a hoot for sure, I remember some of the "folk remedies" of yesteryear and the funny thing is, they were in vogue when we were youngins.

I remember the trick to get rid of head lice back in the 60's was to coat your head in mayonnaise but never heard of the lighter fluid trick.

chunk

6. This guy has the technique:

[​IMG]

7. Come on baby light my fire......

8. As long as it isn't the version by Freddie Fender........

What an insult to music in general.

9. I was thinking Jose or jimi

10. There are actually some you tube vids of some clowns lighting their pubes with lighter fluid........I couldn't bring myself to post them.

chunk

11. We sure jacked this thread huh guys? LMAO!

12. Here's a rebuttal that Azotrol or Azamax is even remotely as effective as neem seed oil - cold pressed.

Functional Blocks of Neem Oil - Dr. Ilangovan Ramasamy, B.Sc. Zoology, B.Sc. Agriculture, M.Sc Agriculture, Ph.D Agronomy

The solvent extracted Azadirachtin products have about as much in common with neem seed oil as a can of Orange Crush has with an orange.

LD

13. Wow LD,

That paper is a keeper for sure. It solidifies neem's superiority over all of the chemically extracted single neem components. I'm really interested in the antiviral properties. Have there been any studies on TMV that you know of?

chunk

14. #94 LumperDawgz2, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
    'Mosaic Virus' - yes.

'Tobacco Mosaic Virus' - no.

But I haven't looked but I did stumble on a study using neem oil against alfalfa mosaic virus. Neem oil was very effective in that particular study. I don't remember all of the criteria involved but I'll find it and post it.

I do remember that it involved botanists from China, India and Pakistan.

LD

15. I ordered some Neem Cake from Neemresource.com (found a recommendation of them from LD in another post).
    Great info here thank you everyone.

16. I'm ordering the neem cake today.

So would that be 1-2 cups of neem cake bubbled in a 5g bucket and just water as normal or?

Thanks, BeZ...V

17. That's what worked for me. I let it bubble for a day or so and then just used a couple pints per pot when I watered. I used my compost tea brewer to agitate/aerate the water.

18. Thanks Eco I should have it in a couple days I ordered from neemresouce.com. I really like how it cost more to ship than the actual product. The main reason I hate ordering online......whatever.

Thanks again, BeZ...V

19. I'm the opposite. I buy everything online now days it seems like. My favorite "deals" site is Slickdeals: The Best Deals, Coupons & Discounts on Laptops, Computers, LCDs, TVs, Dell, HP, Apple, Amazon. Put in a deal alert for something like "seeds" and it will send you an email whenever any posts a deal on it.

However, I totally hear you on shipping. I HATE paying for shipping costs, it feels like I'm just throwing money away. I can tell you though that this neem cake is worth the extra cost and shipping. I can't tell you how many times I've had people tell me that they tried neem oil or neem cake and it didn't work. I ask them what brand they had and invariably it wasn't the neemresource stuff. When I give them a couple of cups they're amazed at the results.

Be sure to update us when you get some and have a chance to try it out!

20. #100 LumperDawgz2, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
    Here's the sad part about their shipping costs. They break each and every rule insuring that the customer pays the highest rate.

They accomplish this by shipping the meals in a sack/bag. Freight companies as well as the small package operators (FedEx, UPS, USPS, Emery, et al.) abhor bags of anything. This packing does not fit into their business model but they're required by regulations to take and handle this freight. Which they do with very high pricing. The ol' freight 'surcharge' game.

If the material were packed in boxes you would dramatically reduce the shipping charges but that would require extra handling.

And the other thing would be to offer less than 1st Class handling. We're talking plant material here, right?

Having said all of that, the price for a bag of organic neem seed meal shipped all the way from Minnesota to Oregon is the same price as conventional (non-organic) neem seed meal from Dyna-Grow in San Jose, California. This is the meal from the plant that presses their oil in China.

Dyna-Grow opted not to package this product and hooked-up with Down-To-Earth which sells it in 6 lb. boxes up to the full bags. The full bags cost the same as ordering from Neem Resource

A distributor in the PNW would defer most of the shipping charges because shipping a palletized order is always less than loose boxes and especially loose bags laying on the floor waiting to be hit with a forklift, falling freight, etc. when the trucks are off-loaded at night and the freight is routed to the trucks moving to other terminals. Lots of handling involved - man power for the most part on small packages.

LD