Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is there a name for this weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ali20, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Lately I've been getting bud that's really hard to break (it gets me a little high) but like this is the kind of weed that doesn't turn into shake, if that makes sense.

I want the weed that has nugs that break into shake because this is the kind of weed that usually gets me fucking ripped, do you guys know the difference between the two kind? Am I describing it right?

This stuff I have smells really good and isn't bad I guess but I wan that kind of weed that the nugs are pretty big and when you pinch the nugs a lot of the bud turns into somewhat of shake, which makes for a better roll as well IMO.

2. Lmao wtf watever ur smoking now is good enough.

3. Yea its called dank.

4. It probably is mexican brick or was cured incorrectly or both, but either way its called cannabis or marijuana. Post a pic im sure you will get some serious guesses if its high grade, but that has nothing to do with how it breaks up, that has to do with curing.

5. There are so many different strains, you sound like you're a beginner so just smoke what you can get, as you get more into weed you develop a keener taste for the strains and a refined desire for a particular phenotype, but enjoy you're laidbackedness for now before you get all bud pompous :smoke:

6. What you want is density. If the bud is so dense that you can't squeeze it, then it was grown well and you know you've got something good. A pleasant smell isn't always a tell-tale sign for quality bud. Some of the dankest herb I've smoked smelled downright FUN-KY (not in a great way) but it got me absolutely ripped. That stuff was so dense too-- I needed scissors.

7. #7 Ali20, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
    This weed is kind of harder to break, it's not the weed that breaks down easy and turns to shake (this is the weed i prefer).

here is a pic.

[​IMG]

8. yeah, we call that

FIRE

:smoke:you scored

9. But it doesn't even break finely, the nugs aren't even nugs tbh.

10. I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands?

and shake isn't exactly... desirable

11. Keep smoking bud like you have now, but buy a grinder.

12. scissors or a grinder will make breaking apart good quality bud easier.

13. guys i know but this weed honestly doesnt give me the same high as the weed that breaks easily does.

I'm not too worried about how it breaks, I was just decribing it, I'm wondering what the difference between this weed and shake weed is, for me shake gets me higher but was there a name for it so i can tell my dealer i want that kind.

14. If you're wanting bud that breaks down into shake you are basically wanting dryer buds. Let your buds sit out on a tray for a few hours and they will break down much easier because it has less moisture.

15. you want a bag of regs

16. oh ok thanks a lot ill try leaving it out now.

17. Density has a lot to do with the amount of fertilizer and chems used to grow the bud. Ive had some completely organically grown black dahlia from someone whose been doing it his way 25+ years, it was so chronic but it burnt so fast and was airy as all hell. That guy talked so much shit on dense buds, he claimed that once a bud started to cherry up all you're smoking is chems left from growing the bud. Also,I've had gravel dense mids and no it wasn't brick or even compacted. So no... Density isn't really a tell tale sign of a quality grow

18. Errh...? :confused: Be happy with that sack, why do you want shake in the first place? buy a grinder if your that desperate. But that sack looks nice

19. That's why we use grinders dude, mugs shouldnt just fall apart in your fingers

20. #20 fenix420, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
    I've got some friends/growers ranging from newbies to an old guy going on 40+ years but I don't need them here in order to realize that density is still a desirable trait. Whenever I got dense bud, it was always a good sack for me. Always.