Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is There A Limit To Your High?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by KaideWB17, Jul 15, 2014.

1. So i have been smoking with some guy  2 - 3 times a week for about a year and he told me that you should some weed till you get high, take some more till you get stoned and then stop because he said that once you hit a certain ' High point ' then you stay there even if you smoke more weed. Is this true?

* sorry if it dosent make sense on some parts cos im pretty baked right now

2. Ya here's the formula  X= W / C  * (X x Bkg / time) / t (t = D / X) / X
    W - Total weight of substance
    C - THC content
    Bkg - Body weight in Kilograms
    t - Tolerance
    D - Duration of smoking consistently

Not a valid formula, try again.

And yes there is a limit.

4. It's a basic formula lol. There is no way to find the limit.

5. #5 FrenchToast, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
    I read a thread somewhere on GC about this not long ago. I kind of think it's true, but depending on how you consume it. 

I actually did a little experiment last week (after reading said thread). So i hit the bong every evening/night, after dinner, at about 8:30 and i get to bed around 00:00 and 01:00 (work in the morning). My tolerance was around .25-30 to get me blazed; and around .5 to be out of this world (i took a T break of a couple weeks two weeks prior to this :D). So anyway, saturday and sunday evening i was hanging with a couple friends and smoking J's, no bong. After a 1g J shared with my friends, i was feeling it, but still not as much as a .25 in a bong (i was smoking the same stuff that i ahd during the week).. Smoked more, didn't get any higher.. same on sunday night.
    So monday evening, i pack a ~.15 bowl and got baked, nice and baked, like if i hadn't smoked during the weekends ! Any thoughts on this? 

So it made me wonder if they're is a limit on how much you can smoke, but depending on how you consume it (and edibles are a whole different story)

Don't really know if this helps, just trying to contribute  :confused_2:

6. Idk about formulas like the above guys but I can tell you this. THC is fat soluble right? So that means it is limited by that I guess.

Realistically though, you will probably just want to sleep if you ate that many edibles or just be unable to smoke/vape more (your throat and lungs will be in pain and pain is your body's way of telling you to stop so the pain will increase) before you reach that point.

I am not a health science professional though, so this is just me common sensing it out.

7. Your highness has to do with the receptors in your brain. It's just stored in fat cells.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Yeah, it has something to do with your cannabinoid receptors, and what's called "long term potentiation." You have a limited amount of cannabinoid receptors and your high is limited by that.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Yes I call it the plateau. After a certain amount it just feels like it's maintaining that level

10. Thc is a non-polar molecule. There fore it is soluble in fat and alcohol due to the hydroxy coupling. The effects have not been shown to be an antagonist of any known receptor with psychoactive effects. Apptly named Cannabinoid receptors are primarily antagonized by cannabis, but can be effected by substituted cannabinoids which allows cross-tolerance. Although the effects can be uncharacteristic of cannabis, usually triggered by changes in the Serotonin or Dopamine receptors is slim, and has been not well researched. Tolerance has been identifyed or theorized to be caused by the cannabinoid receptors losing the affinity to be affected by the drug when passing through the blood brain barrier. Essentially in a similar way to when one takes a substance that outputs high amounts of Dopamine, the dopamine receptors will be will be worn out and cause depressive symptoms of dopamine deficiencies. But as Dopamine is regenerated so quickly the affinity recovers. Cannabis is not introduced to the brain naturally so does not recover it's affinity as quickly as the other receptors.

I should've went to medical school.​