Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is there a job in the cannabis industry that's product tester?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ZioKyo, Aug 4, 2018.

1. For an example I'm disabled. So could a dispensary hire me to basically test their weed to make sure it actually works for the medical problems they claim it does? Like they could say OP this strain is supposed to help with pain. Then I get a joint or a bowl and after I finish it they ask how do I feel now?

2. Haha nice idea bro but I don't think there's much employment potential in that kind of job. If you're disabled I'd suggest doing something that can be done on a computer. There's a wide range of employment opportunities like that these days and there's only going to be more in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. That's actually a good idea. Generally I just tried to find some light under the table work like painting or sitting in the grass and pulling weeds out for a land scaping company. But maybe I can actually get my foot in the door and do something fulfilling.

4. Yeah man, sales, marketing, programming, network administration and countless other well paying professions can be done with just a computer and internet. I usually suggest that to people here who say they can't find work because they are disabled because they can clearly use a computer if they are on this forum.

5. I like the idea of creating websites. That sounds like something I'd be interested in.

6. Web development can be lucrative but it's not an easy task to make a website that both works well and is something people actually want to use.

7. Out of the things you said which would you personally recommend?

• Like Like x 1
  8. But wouldn't they want to make sure the product is good before putting it on the shelf? If a dispensary gets a rep for having shit weed it's something that would be hard for them to shake off.

9. Shit dispensaries have their employees make reviews online to get ppl to come in, it only takes me visiting a dispensary 1x to know if it’s good or not.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fair enough that makes sense lol.

11. #12 jerry111165, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    It’s also pretty darn easy to look at and smell a batch of herb to tell if it’s “good” or not. There is generally no need to even burn it.

Notice I did not say to tell if “a strain was good or not”...

Because an experienced gardener can take “ok” herb and by being experienced and taking the time to grow it properly - to give it what it wants, to not harvest until it is 110% mature, to cure it properly - can often make that “OK herb” into “good herb” - or good herb into great herb.

Obviously there are strains that are much better than others - and unfortunately there is so much out there that has been crossed to hell and back - Because everybody is a grower and everybody is a (so called) breeder these days - to the point of silly and ridiculous.

This is why so many of us vegetable gardeners often prefer Heirloom varieties. Yes, a variety of tomatoes can be crossbred to enhance certain characteristics - but every time it is crossed other characteristics are lost & this often (usually) includes flavors and aromas (Lignins, Flavonoids, Anthocyanins, Polyphenolics et al)

J