Is there a Guide?

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Silent14, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Hey i have done organic growing have really been debating on switching to aeroponics Is there any guides out there that i can read to do some research so i can compare pro's vs cons before attempting this?

2. #2 Hank Alvarez, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2010
    At your obvious experience level, I would think a Google search on the internet would tell you what you want to know.

3. lol u stupid i prob grow better bud then u anyone got good book on hydroponics i should get the grow bibles section isn't that big

4. #4 Hank Alvarez, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2010
    Silent14: Calm down clown. I was only suggesting that someone who probably couldn't write a coherent sentence if he had a gun to his head might be able to find what he needs on a Google search if he can read. We're here to learn and help each other and there's an abundance of information out there on every aspect of growing. If the only way you can respond is with insults then the hell with you. Seek and maybe ye shall find.

5. I doubt there is much difference from a bubble bucket and a aeroponic setup. the only thing difference is mainly the price.

I recommend doing a google search also.

6. Findme: Have you noticed that we seem to attract a lower class of 'loadies' here than at some of the other web site's forums. Some of these clowns can't seem to communicate an idea unless it includes putting someone else down. I guess that makes them feel superior.
    I grow my own with a couple of Aerogardens and it's become a fun hobby but there seem to be few morons that don't want to learn or help their fellow gadeners unless they can insult them. They remind me of something a friend once said about opinions; they're like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink but occasionally we get a few good ideas that are well intentioned and that's how I learn. Thanks for backing me up. Hank

7. Yeah, I just don't understand it. I'm just 19 and I rarely if ever insult. I may say a smart comment every once in a while but I do present my research with sources.

yeah, me too. I got my 1k watter and im going to use have weed for all next year.

no problem :)

8. Hank, unfortunately the uneducated (but highly opinionated) lurk on other forums, too, where I have journals about True Aeroponics, or High Pressure Aero (HPA)

9. Peflora: I think you do have a different cross to bear with true aeroponics that I don't have to worry about with my little Aerogardens. I've got to admit that I'm interested in what you do with Aeroponics because I've seen some really interesting documentary footage on what NASA is doing with it in space.
    I've taken some growing classes and it's the only growing method they discouraged us from trying. Our first instructor advised against true high pressure aeroponics like we saw in the videos because of the problems that a lot of people have with the present state of the art equipment available to the public.
    Maybe I'm just lazy because it's so easy to grow with an Aerogarden and it fulfills my personal need for non-addictive pain medication when my arthritits gets out of control. I just wish they'd give Aerogardeners their own sub category here like they have at another forum as our problems are significantly different. Hank

10. Old timers have a hard time learning new tricks. If one does not have a lab background they should avoid both hydro or aero.

HPA is no more difficult than any other aero system- when properly set up. You need to monitor pH, ppms, relative humidity (RH) especially inside the pod. Having an external rez makes replenishing nutes a snap.

Neither have the old-timers kept up with new HPA hardware. Check out Reptile Basics website for pump, tubing, and mist heads. You do need a deep cycle timer to make it work. I use a Sentinel

Google Petflora (not peflora) and you might find one of my journals

HTH