Is There A God?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by jjp2833, May 30, 2013.

That listening is a kind of praying too. Just more subtle, less needy, and a lot more real.

2. No.

is there a Real wizard of Oz ?

if so? please show me id be pretty Fucking amazed...

we just live on planet earth were not the only world in the entire galaxy,
    some were just taught to follow this certain way of "Religion" if you dont you will suffer forever… why should we be punished if we were created with the chemicals to make us even think about doin bad stuff??? dosent make sense…

also "Religion is bullshit it was created to keep everyone inline
    and scare them saying these bad things will happen if you dont Obey these Rules...

(Land Of No Religion)

its all in your head…

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZR64EF3OpA

4. We are gods because we create (and destroy) the world around us.

5. There may be gods, but it is preposterous to believe any ancient texts reveal the existence of a true god.  A thinking person should naturally conclude that all gods worshipped by humans are false.

6. Humans worshipping anything are really just worshipping themselves. There is nothing there to be worshipped. Nothing there would require it. While this is not about whether the idea of god exists in some form, if you're worshipping it, you haven't found it.

7. #107 Weedity, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2013
    ...and what makes you think that? 

Despite past arguments with you. I am asking seriously though. I am interested in why you believe that someone who believes Gods are false is of higher intelligence. I recently got into a fight with my Mother over religion and am curious. 

8. I'm sorry Dave, but this conversation no longer serves a purpose. Good bye.

9. #109 Old School Smoker, Aug 19, 2013
    Convince? As in absolute proof? No. Nobody can. All I can tell you is what I believe.

I personally believe that there is something out there greater than mankind. I can't define it though. I believe that when our physical bodies die, the energy inside us that makes our cells move around (our souls), goes somewhere. I don't know where yet. It's none of my business while I am trapped in this physical realm of space and time. Who knows? Maybe the Earth is God.

Now I just smoked some kick ass kush, so yeah, I know there is a god lol.

10. Not what he said at all.....
    Hard to have conversations with people who only see what they want in your words.... and look for no more....

11. What if a thinking person concludes that worshiped Gods are not false. 

There's thinking and then there's thinking.

13. then they have likely limited their thinking to what others have told them......
    weather they realize it or not....

those who follow these "worship" ideas have long missed the point..... just how i see/feel it....

14. #114 esseff, Aug 19, 2013
    For there to be god, by definition, it must be all that is. There can be nothing outside all that is otherwise it wouldn't be all that is. Therefore on some level we are also god, as god must be a part of us as we are a part of it. So if we are one, and god is all that is, there is nothing to worship, only connect with, feel, realise, know, become, love.

15. #115 Weedity, Aug 19, 2013
    But that is just what YOU believe. YOU were told that science, evolution, etc is the truth and the way. So what makes those right? 

Because we, as humans, have created "facts" based on science, it is the truth? When science has been wrong before, where science creates many errors and false accusations? 

16. nope...is just what i think at the moment.......
    and who said i think those things are right?

hard to conversation with people who only hear what they want to hear regardless of what is said.....

17. #117 Weedity, Aug 19, 2013
    Well, I was just making a point. "They have likely limited their thinking based on what people tell them." But I think that goes for everyone. Creationists and atheists. 

18. "Tell me your a nonbeliever....spiritualist..... well me im neither...."

I am not taking either train....
    It is a waste of my energys to try and think i know anything beyond were i am right now....

19. You make a huge assumption thinking everyone is one or the other.... another limit you put on your own thinking....

20. Alot of assumption in your post....
    Like thinking anyone took the time to tell me anything....