IS THERE A GOD!!???!!!?? Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by themac1012, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Thats the problem I have with Atheism though. Many claim to be "Agnostic Atheists." Personally, I believe if you are Atheists, you claim there is no God, and give absolutely ZERO acknowledgment to any type of "God."

2. And what "experience" did you have Sir Who Claims to know the existence of God.

3. But if you break it down, none of us really have any knowledge of religion. None of us lived when Christ did. For all we know it could be made up. I think each individual person has to find religion on their own, if they're going to. The most books can do, is make you scratch your head and wonder, but actually thinking for yourself can be much more beneficial.

4. I think people just place them in the same bag.
    But atheism and agnosticism are very different things.
    It's like if atheists consider agnostics in the same category of religious people because they don´t deny a god.

5. I agree with that, but the survey meant religious knowledge as objective knowledge of religion itself. Religious experiences are a different thing.

6. This was posted on an atheist forum I belong too, with many people agreeing to it.

[​IMG]

Say if one was Christian, and had an experience with God. What is to say his experience is right, over a Muslim who had an experience with Allah. Both are devote believers, and claim they experienced knowledge of the existence of God.

Surely you can see the problem with "experiences."

7. #67 Dryice, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
    Apparently you missed the point of my post. Though that's a nice poll. I like to think atheists are more knowledgeable, but the more I run into now a days it seems that atheism is the 'cool' thing to do. I am atheist if you weren't aware - I'm just writing what I've experienced.

8. Wow. I think I am very agnostic and a little theist.
    But I don't know how can anyone be gnostic, I mean, nobody talks about certainty, they talk about faith.

About the experiences, neither are right, they come both from the subconscious

9. #69 garrison68, Sep 29, 2010

There is no such thing as an "Agnostic Atheist", you're either one or the other, and I've never heard anybody claim to be both, at least not yet.

Atheists do not "claim there is no God", since there's no proof that there is, or isn't, one - they simply choose not to believe in the idea of a god or gods.

10. Then how does anyone they actually had a Religious experience then? Maybe they are all wrong.

11. Nobody is wright or wrong, they're all happy smokers. :smoke:

If they see god I don't think it's actual god though

12. (admins if this violates anything, feel free to delete)
    www.atheistsforums.com
    Under Religious section, you will find threads on this issue.

Since there is no proof, or any measurable evidence of God, we can either suspend judgment (Agnostic)- or we can claim that this phenomenon does not exist.

So they give zero acknowledgment to any form of "god(s)"

13. #73 garrison68, Sep 29, 2010

Not believing in something of which there is no proof, is not the same as "claiming that this phenomenon does not exist".

For example, An Atheist may say that the odds of the existence of a god are about one in five billion, whereas an Agnostic may say it's about 50/50. These are not facts, just numbers. You can't give acknowledgement to something that you do not believe exists, but an Agnostic is sort of on the fence about it.

14. Ima leave this thread while its still safe=p

15. one in five billion is still giving the existence of god a chance.

16. Technically, yes but this "chance" is very, very slim. The only reason that an Athiest would even say this is because he or she can't prove a negative ie that god doesn't exist. Admitting that there is a miniscule chance of something that is very unlikely is not tantamont to being a believer.

If a bank gave you a one in five billion chance of getting a mortgage, you wouldn't start buying the furniture and carpeting for the new house you'd selected.

17. To put it as simply as possible: the more actions you think your god performs, the less likely it is to be real.

18. as i see it the only correct answer is:

i don't know

19. Well then there's no god here. :p