Is there a Doctor in the House?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Vader Haze, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Im trying to be proactive here. If anyone has any input, ID REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

This is my first indoor grow where Im paying so close attention to everything.

WHITE RHINO
    Soil
    1000watt HPS
    66-76
    38% - 62% RH
    pH 5.7-6.0
    Fox Farm Fertilizers
    Natural spring water

1) Yellowing Leaves
    At first I just thought that old fan leaves were dying, but now to many are yellowing and the veins are staing green. I did some research and beleive its a Mg def. They say this is common indoors. I flushed with Epsom salts. I have 4 WR total, this is the only one that looks like this. 1 other one has one yellowing leaf in this manner, the other 2 have none. ANY THOUGHTS???

2) The Claw
    On a few of the plants some of the newer, smaller fan leaves have started folding down along the sides and then hooking down like a claw. Imagine a baseball in your hand, thats what the leaves look like. I cant find much as far as pictures goe to match it up, but in a description that wa posted by Cantharis it describes something similar for sulpher def. It says to flush with epsom salts... Done. ANY THOUGHTS?

3) Salt Buildup
    Today when I started to flush I read the run off pH. I put in 5.9 and it come out 5.4. I gave them a decent flush by tripling the water. pH 5.9. 3 gallons (they've been getting 1 every other day) The last gallon I included a tsp of Epsom Salts. How bad is that? the pH differnce? Any guidance as to what to do from here? Flush again? Fert for a week and flush? Im going to start flushing pretty heavy once a week to 10 days from here on out, because of increasing ppm. ANY INPUT?

Again any comments or advice is appreciated.

Attached Files: