is there a differnce if the plant is in the shade more?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by letsmokeasweet, Sep 9, 2012.

1. hey all, here is a plant i am growing outside.
    in the first picture, looking east, north is to the left, this spot is always in direct sunlight from sunrise until close to sunset.
    in the second picture, looking south, west is to the right is the shade spot i was thinking of moving the plant to.
    and i thought someone might like to look at pictures so i added another :)

right now, she is getting sunlight from sunrise, when the sun goes above the fence until close to sunset when it goes below the treeline behind her

the shade spot gets sunlight for 4 hours aday, while the sunlight spot gets sunlight about 10 hours a day

so i was wondering if i moved the plant to the shade how will the shade effect the plant?

2. i 4got the pictures lol

Attached Files:

3. 10 hours no question.

4. well, what im trying to understand will the shade cause the plant to bud more since it is in the budding cycle?

or is it the light spectum of the sun that is causing the plant to bud? my understanding is that it is the dark that "encourages" the plant to bud

5. Yes dark does not shade! if its flowering then give it as much sun as possible.

Infact give it a much as possible all year, more sun generally equals more harvest (along with many other factors)